Tibet

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Tibet

Postby Rowan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:50 am

Just my personal opinion but I think its time we boycotted the China Olympics. We won't of course - nor do we see the US charging in - no oil!!

The Chinese have been committing all kinds of human rights atrocities for decades without having to answer to anyone or any organisation.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:08 am

Rowan, I agree with you, one thousand percent !!!

Tibet is such an unique, peaceful, spiritual country and the people there have never done any harm, to anyone.

The whole world should boycott the Olympics, especially as the Chinese are so frightened to 'lose face', whatever that is.

I shall sign any petitions going and I shall not watch one single second of the Olympics, not much of a demonstration, I know but what can a body do?
Anya

Postby mazzy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:00 am

I can't add much except to say that I agree totally.
mazzy

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:04 am

I agree but it will never happen.
Victors Mate

Postby Rowan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 pm

These people are fighting hard for their survival as a country, as a culture and they will lose if they are not helped. America and Britain can hardly wait to get their armies onto foreign soil and inflkict democracy on them whether they want it or not...but wait...no, that's only if there's something in it for them - no oil, no gold, well just let them get on the best they can!! Corrupt, corrupt corrupt.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 am

Trouble is, there is oil and vast mineral resources under them thur Tibetan mountains, that's why the Chinese are so determined to subjugate the country, with any amount of force and steal all those resources.

Greedy Brown and Bush-Face would never argue with the Chinese, too much money involved
:tantrum2:
Anya

Postby Anya » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 am

What do you think of the response to the 'Torch of Peace' in London yesterday?

Not one moment of it was shown in China, of course but news has a way to travel, somehow.
Anya

Postby widget » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:08 am

Some ways I agree, but I did happen to see Sir Steve Redgrave on TV and he was asked about boycotting the games, cannot remember his exact reply, but it was something like, why bring sport into it, most of the athletes in the games have been working and training for years to compete and some it might be the only time that they can,
think the 'blame' lies in who ever said the games should be there.
widget

Return to Politics and News