Woohoo!

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Postby Rowan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Am sorry to hear about a death. I feel sorry for Gordon Brown because even though he doesn't share my views on politics - I do believe he is as honest as you'd get in a politician. I feel he has seriously misjudged not only labour voters but the people in his home country.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 am

He robbed people of their pensions, for years and robbed the most vulnerable in society, with the ten percent tax whiz. Now he is going to throw taxpayers' money around like confetti, to all and sundry, to try and save his skin.

If that is 'honest' I hate to see a truly dishonest politician :dunno:
Anya

Postby Victors Mate » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:09 pm

Anya wrote:He robbed people of their pensions, for years and robbed the most vulnerable in society, with the ten percent tax whiz. Now he is going to throw taxpayers' money around like confetti, to all and sundry, to try and save his skin.

If that is 'honest' I hate to see a truly dishonest politician :dunno:

I'll start the list

Jonathan Aitken
Neil Hamilton
Jeffery Archer
Peter Mandelson
Victors Mate

Postby dejavou » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:56 pm

I agree Anya, and since he became a father, he's compelled to keep handing out cash to others with children (latest idea is £150 fuel allowance), trouble is most of the recipients have NEVER put anything into the system and probably never will
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Rowan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Therein lies the problem - too many people receiving benefits and too little paying into the benefits system. The welfare state was a wonderful idea but like communist - has proved to be no good in practice. There is no doubt that we need a system that will ensure no-one goes hungry, or without medica and dental care but it really does have to be looked at again.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Too bliddy true Rowan, but sadly it will be too complicated, too unpopular and too expensive to come up with a FAIR system
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Previous

Return to Politics and News