I find this rather disturbing

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

I find this rather disturbing

Postby Oddquine » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby clevewyn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 pm

A rather slanted article thats for sure.
clevewyn

Postby Oddquine » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 pm

What disturbs me are the facts given....not the slant of the article.

I have always been aware of the Israeli influence in the USA...but not of its influence here.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Rowan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:46 pm

It does seem to be very slanted. I am very afraid of the American influence in the UK government - do we now have to worry about yet another country's influence?

I do not like what America has become over the last 100 years. It is no longer the place where people can go and make something of their lives. Don't get accidentally involved with anything in America - if a murder is committed in the next room, be aware that they may well arrest you for the murder since there is no one else obvious to blame. Whatever you do, don't be poor in America and get involved in the legal system. America dispenses law not justice, and if you are poor -yes, you will get legal representation provided - but a poor legal representation, which in reality means no representation at all.

There is no room in Scotland for American styles of either government, law and order or healthcare...let's hope there is no room for any of them in England, Wales and Northern Ireland for the sake of humanity.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby clevewyn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Nobody else seems to have an opinion so I’ll add a bit.

The piece appears to imply that the Jewish lobby has undue influence. I wonder if it has any more influence than any of the other big movers and shakers like for instance the Arms, Tobacco, Alcohol, Food and Drink not to mention the Oil and Motor lobbies, and countless others too numerous to mention.

I should think it is a bit of a balancing act for whoever is in power trying to please all of them.

If we are talking about the present government we need look no further than the Unions who appear to be the main supporters and look about ready to turn up the heat to achieve their objectives.
clevewyn

Postby Oddquine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:36 am

clevewyn wrote:Nobody else seems to have an opinion so I’ll add a bit.

The piece appears to imply that the Jewish lobby has undue influence. I wonder if it has any more influence than any of the other big movers and shakers like for instance the Arms, Tobacco, Alcohol, Food and Drink not to mention the Oil and Motor lobbies, and countless others too numerous to mention.

I should think it is a bit of a balancing act for whoever is in power trying to please all of them.

If we are talking about the present government we need look no further than the Unions who appear to be the main supporters and look about ready to turn up the heat to achieve their objectives.

But their main supporters appear to be members of the LFI.....at least until the hoohah about the hiding of the donations.........and can it possibly be anything but influence which persuaded Blair to make Lord Levy our man the Middle East?

I think that there is a difference between a lobby group importuning the Government to alter policies and a group like the LFI which has members in positions which can directly influence Government policy.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby clevewyn » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:09 pm

True
But the Tories have similar setup with CFI so one lot is no better that the other, in any event both these, LFI and CFI seem to be fairly transparent and publish their policy.

What they do in the background may be another matter.

What bothers me are the likes of the Bilderberg Group. Most of the membership unknown, meetings secret, aims unknown.
Made up of many of the moovers and shakers from all over.

A quote from Denis Healey, a known member.

"World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings."

Sounds sinister coming from an orginisation frequented by Kings, Queens, Captains of Industry and world Bankers.
clevewyn

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 pm

clevewyn wrote:True

What bothers me are the likes of the Bilderberg Group. Most of the membership unknown, meetings secret, aims unknown.
Made up of many of the moovers and shakers from all over.

And you can add to that
The Carlyle Group
Bush Family + Oiligarchy
Tavistock The best kept secret
and
The House of Wettin
Victors Mate

Return to Politics and News