Barac Obama!

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Barac Obama!

Postby toolip2 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:04 pm

What doyou all think of this guy as head of the USA?

Personally he needs to be given a chance...but then we have given all of the previous ones a chance and look what happenned!!! :groaner: except for a couple or decnt ones. :rolleye11: I did feel a bit sorry for him cocking up his oath and didn't the media pick up on it big time!! Can't see the likes of any Monica lewinskis sidling up to him! Not with his Michelle close by him!! :rolleye11: :2guns:
toolip2

Postby Rowan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:12 pm

I havw high hopes of him, I hope he does his best for America and the rest of the world. He couldn't be worse than the last one...could he? :sorry: :hide:

She looks as if she could safely see off any threats!! :rolleye11:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 pm

I think he seems a good guy, lets hope that he's not expected to change things overnight .... we'll wait and see :please:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:12 pm

He has one big plus going for him. He is not George dubya Bush that just has to be a move in the right direction.
Victors Mate

Postby maggieblue » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:04 am

Well, I have a lot of hope this year myself.
It's very refreshing that we have a president who really seems to love his wife!
He's intelligent, is a leader, and I hope will be a good one, for us and the world.
Maggie :magnify:
maggieblue

Postby toolip2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Its all quiet on the Western front right now but no doubt he will be speaking to his nation soon about his policies. A couple he spoke of, obviuos vote pullers,I do not like but the overall is important with the world in such a state: or rather mankind doing it's darndest! :groaner:
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Well...where is he then??? Not very vocal , is he? :roll: Whass he up to, I wonder> :thinking: :huffin: :hide:
toolip2

Postby dejavou » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Unlike our own politicians, he's probably trying to sort out his own backyard before saving the world :rolleye11:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:39 pm

If what he is doing is good news our media is unlikely to report it. It's only bad news they want to tell us about.
Victors Mate

Postby Shutterfrog » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:55 pm

toolip2 wrote:Well...where is he then??? Not very vocal , is he? :roll: Whass he up to, I wonder> :thinking: :huffin: :hide:

If you mean where is Obama............... you need to tune in (somehow) to our TV channels. He is EVERYWHERE :sad:

I didn't like him or his policies before he was elected and I like him less now. And he is breaking most of the campaign promises he made. Typical politician. :tantrum2:
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:21 pm

I don't think Obama would have been so popular if someone during the Bush era, had dealt with the corporate greed at the top of industry,(which many of them had a finger in!) When the CEO of GM offered to work the year for no pay, which would make his average pay over the two years $54 million a year, you realise the obscenly ridiculous packages they gave them selves. I have no objection to a bright individual getting better money but no one needs that kind of pay!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby toolip2 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Shutterfrog wrote:
toolip2 wrote:Well...where is he then??? Not very vocal , is he? :roll: Whass he up to, I wonder> :thinking: :huffin: :hide:

If you mean where is Obama............... you need to tune in (somehow) to our TV channels. He is EVERYWHERE :sad:

I didn't like him or his policies before he was elected and I like him less now. And he is breaking most of the campaign promises he made. Typical politician. :tantrum2:

Hi there! I have not heard much about Mr Obama since his election. Could be right about the media over here, as Vm sais. :rolleye11: I was/am very usure of this guy and a coiple of his policies suck IMO! :evil: :groaner: Just don't feel good about him. We weill see in time. :magnify:
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:37 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:I don't think Obama would have been so popular if someone during the Bush era, had dealt with the corporate greed at the top of industry,(which many of them had a finger in!) When the CEO of GM offered to work the year for no pay, which would make his average pay over the two years $54 million a year, you realise the obscenly ridiculous packages they gave them selves. I have no objection to a bright individual getting better money but no one needs that kind of pay!

Here! Here! :roll:
toolip2

Postby Victors Mate » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I must admit I am becoming concerned that Barac Obama might be America's answer to Tony Blair.
Victors Mate

Postby Shutterfrog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 pm

:tantrum2: oh please no !!!!!!!!!! :groaner:
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Next

Return to Politics and News