MPs expenses.

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

MPs expenses.

Postby Victors Mate » Sun May 10, 2009 11:15 am

The cynic in me sees the following trail of events in the Daily [s]Torygraph[/s] Telegraph.

1st Revelations about cabinet ministers. I see they’ve already had to concede that the Prime Minister’s cleaning payments were not a “scandal” after all but a legitimate expense.

2nd Revelations about Labour MPs plus a few scraps about Conservative MPs.

3rd Revelations about Sinn Fein plus maybe a few scraps about Conservative MPs to give an illusion of balance.

4th Revelations about Liberal Democrats, the Green Party, and everyone else who is not a Conservative supporter.

5th An apology but they feel that they are unable to pursue any further revelations about the claims of Conservative MPs due to the Police Investigation.

It is as well to remember that the Telegraph is owned by David and Frederick Barclay. A future Conservative Government might feel the desire to show their overwhelming gratitude in the time dishonoured way.

Try Googling "Barclay Brothers" to find out more about this delightful pair.
Victors Mate

Postby dita » Sun May 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Heard that NHS have spent £350 million on Management Consultants??????
Seems rather alot???? why???
dita

Postby dejavou » Sun May 10, 2009 12:45 pm

All newspapers lean one way or'tother, so I guess the trick is to read them all and try to glean some truth from them :dunno:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby toolip2 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 pm

The bliddy lot should be shunted roughly out of Government and high places!!! will they be? NO! As per they will trundle on taking the pee out of us !!! :tantrum2: :cheeky4: :groaner: :evil: :roll: :sad: :2guns:
toolip2

Postby Anya » Sat May 23, 2009 6:41 am

The Dairy Torigraph seems to have done equal harm to the Tories, with their moats and duck ponds.

As for 'caring' Labour - Claiming for phantom mortgages. Married couple each claiming for a second home, despite not having a 'first' home. Flipping four houses and pocketing tax-free capital gain, for each house.

The working class
can kiss my arse
I have the MP job, at last
Anya

Postby Corrie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Boils my pee that Elliot Morley is out of prison after only 4 months for stealing over £30,000. Absolute disgrace. :tantrum2:
Corrie

Postby Monsy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Corrie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 pm

They all want to be on the end of a size 13 boot, robbing devious gits.
Corrie

Postby dita » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Elliot Morley's house is in a Village next to ours, most of the area is disgusted that he is a free man today. To make it worse there is a welcome back message on his gatepost and bunch of flowers, it says Welcome Home, you are a great guy and good MP, or words to that effect.
I felt like shucking a brick through his ruddy window :tantrum2:
dita

Postby Corrie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:20 pm

I saw that on the news, signed by a couple it was. Obviously good mates and maybe one of those who has scratched his back before. They're all as bent as a nine bob note in my eye (or most of them anyway). It was saying today that Tony Blair has made millions since leaving no.10, the most money any PM has ever made. I did write to him and suggested MP's be given the same percent rise as a pensioner but I did'nt hear back from him. Next time I suggested they live on an OAP basic pension and see how they cope, never heard back from that one other than to say my suggestion has been sent to the appropriate department......still waiting for an answer.
Corrie

Return to Politics and News