UKIP!

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 pm

We had a referendum in about 1996 (I think!) The options were Mixed Member Proportional (MMP) or Single Transferable Vote (STV). In our form of MMP you get two votes. One for the party and one for the constituent member. This does give you options if you don't like the candidate but want his party and vice versa. Another aspect that I like is that it gives small parties a voice but not the power to implement crazy ideas! The number of party votes determines how many 'list' members get in.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Anya » Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 am

The silly part is if a number of UKIP candidates become MEPs, they will ride all that lovely lolly and gravy train and will - suddenly - change their minds, declaring the EU to be the best thing since sliced Hazel Blear.

I recall a Neil Knick-Knock and his missus, who decried the EU, for decades. Until both became MEPs and have been coining in taxpayers' money, ever since, by the skip-load.

The accounts of the EU have not been signed-off by the auditors, for many years.
Anya

Postby dita » Sat May 23, 2009 4:09 pm

In 2007 according to statistics in our neck of the woods we had 693,000 Migrants.
I have certainly been giving UKIP some thought.
The whistle-blower about expenses say's the country will be better for his information in the long run. :huffin: :dunno:

I have always used my vote - but who the hell do you vote for??
dita

Postby toolip2 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Anya wrote:The silly part is if a number of UKIP candidates become MEPs, they will ride all that lovely lolly and gravy train and will - suddenly - change their minds, declaring the EU to be the best thing since sliced Hazel Blear.

I recall a Neil Knick-Knock and his missus, who decried the EU, for decades. Until both became MEPs and have been coining in taxpayers' money, ever since, by the skip-load.

The accounts of the EU have not been signed-off by the auditors, for many years.

I remember sending UKIP a small donation and never heard a dicky-bird from them...no surprise! Silly me! Money down a rat-hole!! :tantrum2:
toolip2

Previous

Return to Politics and News