UKIP!

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

UKIP!

Postby toolip2 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 pm

A leaflet was pushed through the letter box this morning. I voted for them once but they have lost their credibility over the years, I feel. :roll:

I have stuck it up in the porch just for the hell of it. I even might request a manifesto from the local candidate! Hah! :rolleye11: :roll:

I have no faith in the two main party's and the Liberals are as much use as a chocolate.... you know what!!! :roll: anyone voting BNP? :twisted: :rolleye11:
toolip2

Postby Maywalk » Tue May 12, 2009 1:37 pm

I cant say that I have any faith in any of the parties toolip2 but I intend to use my vote. Even if I put a cross against them all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Joking before anyone comes down on me like a ton of bricks. :huffin:

My granddaughter will be 18yrs old on Friday and I told her that she had better use her vote after all the hoohaa there was about giving it to 18year olds.
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Tue May 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Not much to choose amongst any of them!! I'll be voting SNP as usual
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Stevie » Tue May 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Norman Tebbit is recomending that we all vote for NONE of the main parties.........I think we should all simply refuse to vote till they sort out their expenses Oh and sack Hazel Blears.
Stevie

Postby Monika » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Only Hazel Blears, Steve?

What about the rest of them, too numerous to mention!

I want them all to go - "Sorry" means nothing unless they voluntarily resign and pay back what they have thieved - make no bones about it, outside of Westminster what they have done is theft and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Rowan » Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 pm

I think they should alll go too - andf they should have to repay the money they have defrauded us of. As for the Speaker he should be looking to punish the thieves and not the media for alerting us to this.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Tue May 12, 2009 6:28 pm

I have a meeting with my local MP of Friday and I intend to tell him, my voting days are over, none of them are worth making an effort for
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Rowan » Tue May 12, 2009 9:19 pm

None of the UK parties anyway. How greedy they are.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dita » Tue May 12, 2009 9:28 pm

How right you all are, I feel so disgusted too, they have really taken us all for a ride. We all struggle to survive and live our lives as honest as we can despite severe hardship at times. The very people to whom we pay wages to and trust to run our country are totally dishonest and greedy, they should be ashamed and sorry is not enough. :tantrum2: :tantrum2:
dita

Postby dita » Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 am

Think UKIP may be supported in next weeks EEC elections by many who want to use a protest vote. Would you support them? Just wondering :huffin: :magnify: :dunno:
dita

Postby sweetpea » Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Yes, I think I may well be supporting UKIP this time, but need to check up on all their policies.
sweetpea

Postby Rowan » Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 pm

I only hope that the BNP don't pick up the slack because of this expenses carry on. I know they won't get anywhere in Scotland but in England with so many people with issues over immigration, they might well and it just reminds me of Germany in the Thirties. So very worrying.

I was horrified to see that slug Nick Griffin is to go to a garden party at the palace.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Fri May 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Griffin is a thug and despite he tries to cover his nasty ways he is a thug! I told the BNP rep last year that I will never vote ofr a party that is so very fascist. with a thug element. Off he went with his tail between his little legs!!

I do agree with their thoughts on many issues but they provoke the worst in human nature and look what happenned with Herr Hitler!! :huffin: :evil: People will become so angry and it's happening and the English are a funy old lot and can turn very suddenly and if and when they do all hell will let loose. :tantrum2:
toolip2

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri May 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Has proportional representation ever been considered in Britain?
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Monika » Fri May 22, 2009 10:28 pm

There are a lot of people who would like proportional representation here, but the government always seems to stamp on it.

What we've seen in the last few weeks here is the electorate taking more interest in how they are governed and there is a minor revolution going on. Long may it last because everything that's rotten in Westminster is being turned around and many changes are going to be put in place - so - perhaps PR will come eventually from all this, ciderman.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Next

Return to Politics and News