Gordon Brown and the Nit Wits!!

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Gordon Brown and the Nit Wits!!

Postby toolip2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:33 pm

What do you think of the fiasco with Gordon Brown (who looks tired and ill) and the Labour quitters and the general state of our politics?
I think he should step down and creep away to live the rest of his life in comfort on expenses ....like they do! :tantrum2: :evil:

He is either very vain and conceited and totally blind to his lack of ability and personal charm or he is a plodder who wont give up through pride and we all know what comes with pride!!! :roll:

I think Rory Bremner will have a field day!! :rolleye11: :twisted:
toolip2

Postby Anya » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:24 am

One case where the one-eyed man proverb does not seem to apply?

Poor auld Greedy Clown and a good example of that other proverb - Beware what you wish -
Anya

Postby Polter60 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:26 am

Not totally blind ......... he's got one eye ......... but very few ayes among supportes
Warning! the owner of this signature may contain alcohol
Polter60
Honorary Member

Postby Monika » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:30 pm

I really believe that he thinks that it's his destiny to govern this country, that he thinks he is doing a great job( if only this nasty recession hadn't come along to spoil it and that's not his fault it's global - you know other countries had it first and we've caught it from them :roll: ).

He thinks that he is the only one who can get us out of this mess (he's made) and he is totally blind to the wishes of the people and also to the fact that he is this unpopular.

I'm really incandescent about - first of all Peter Mandelson being given a place in the Lords so that he can be part of his government - and now the same with Alan Sugar; what the hell happened to our democratically elected Members of Parliament? No-one should be able to get in the house of commons (and particularly into goverment) by this shameful back-door method.

:tantrum2: :tantrum2:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Rowan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:03 pm

I don't like Gordon Brown and wouln't vote for him. However let no-one forget that the rot started with the ex PM Tony Blair, who waited until the country was in a terrible state before he left. The whole world is suffering from a recession - Gordon Brown didn't do that, nor did he alone cause the banking problems. Look to all the cheats in the WHOLE parliament and don't blame one side only.

Gordon Brown's problem is that he is indecisive, smug and does believe he is destined to be PM - but the truth is he is hated in England because he is Scottish and he is hated in Scotland because he is only interested in England. I cvan't stand the man but he is being made a scapegoat and its so unfair.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 pm

I don't think he's hated because he's Scottish Rowan, more likely because he's a waste of space and because he seems oblivious to the fact that he has not got the respect necessary to do a good job.

Most of the silly women who have gone were "Blaire Babes" so it does make one wonder who is pulling their strings, bearing in mind the enmity between Brown and Blair .....

Anyway who is there to replace him? we're between the devil and the deep blue sea, anybody who'd take the job on is probably just doing it for the money, as there's not a cat in hells chance of turning things around before the next General Election
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Monika » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 pm

I can't agree with you about Gordon being hated by we English because he's Scottish, Rowan.

I dislike him because he seems to me to be a coward and runs away from the big issues he has to face as PM.

When Blair left, no-one was more delighted than I to see him go and I, honestly, welcomed a new leader who I hoped would turn the mess Blair left around - and - yes, Gordon could have done that.

For instance, he could have said that as the war in Iraq had been based upon the lies of Blair and Bush, and our parliamentarians had believed the lies they were peddling, having now realised they were indeed lies, he, Gordon Brown, was bringing our troops out starting from that date. He would have been applauded by the populace.

And, what we have now because he, again, chooses not to do what we think is right and proper, is a Chancellor who has had his grubby hands in the till, not only not getting punished for his crimes, but demanding to stay, or else. If Gordon had any guts, he'd kick his a*** and throw his baggage after him.
Monika

Postby Rowan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:48 pm

I agree he a useless PM - and that its time we had a tighter system to keep MP's in line - after all, we are their employers and they should be doing what we require them to do, not kept to the party line by whips. The house of lords has past its sell by date and should be disbanded dissolved IMMEDIATELY. No-one who has not been voted in should be part of a government. We should be able to have them recalled for dishonourable conduct - which happens in the rest of the working world.

Gordon Brown never was a suitable PM, he has absolutely no charisma and a smug beggar and can't decide what to have for breakfast!

In Scotland when we had a labour run parliament, nothing changed, what westminster said went, we didn't have a free government, we had lip service by those who followed the party line. In other words, they did what London told them to do. Now we have a government which actually does what the people want and need and all we get is complaints from labnour MSP's about how the SNP have promised this, or that and haven't delivered - at the same time those SAME labour MSP's are deliberately blocking the things they said the SNP don't deliver. They are mad because the SNP don't take their orders from anyone but the people.

I imagine its the same in the north of England, Westminster decides what happens and hang anybody who lives north of the watford gap!
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Guy Fawkes had the right idea!

I detest Brown and Blair and all the Labour party and all who sail in her. Long may it drown!! :tantrum2: :evil:
toolip2

Postby Monika » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Yes, Tulip, but who do you like? Personally, I'm finding it hard to trust or like any of them.

Take Cameron, for instance, how the hell can he tell other Tories to go because of their cheating expense fiddles when he is as guilty as they?

We really do need a new intake - NOW!
Monika

Postby toolip2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:31 pm

Monika wrote:Yes, Tulip, but who do you like? Personally, I'm finding it hard to trust or like any of them.

Take Cameron, for instance, how the hell can he tell other Tories to go because of their cheating expense fiddles when he is as guilty as they?

We really do need a new intake - NOW!

The only ones I feel ok with is Liam Fox and David Davis both Tories but again unsure. There is not one politician who I like or trust. Ann Widdicombe speaks out but only when it suits her and she is a media player who likes her image too much.

No other Party gets my respect. In a trough of despond! Alas and alack! Woe is me/us! :groaner: :roll: :sad: :huffin: :tantrum2: :sorry:

Yes, we do desparately need a new intake but who, Monika? :magnify:
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Why oh why do the British people always end up in a desparate state with successive governments? :roll: The two parties all fall into direpute and a complete and utter shambles after a couple of terms.

Dares'nt let the BNP loose! UKIP? Umm! :magnify: :thinking: Lib dems? :groaner: Green party? :thinking: :huffin:
toolip2

Postby Rowan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:45 am

Well, that's the real rot set in now - two fascist members being sent to the European Parliament. I think its more important now than ever before for Scotland to distance itself from the UK before we see another hitler.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 am

toolip2 wrote:Why oh why do the British people always end up in a desparate state with successive governments? :roll: The two parties all fall into direpute and a complete and utter shambles after a couple of terms.

Dares'nt let the BNP loose! UKIP? Umm! :magnify: :thinking: Lib dems? :groaner: Green party? :thinking: :huffin:

I want a general election BUT only when the extent of the expenses scandal is all in the public domain, only when the major parties have come clean on their proposals for dealing with the problem and stopping its reoccurrence, only when we have proper manifestoes on the way they propose to deal with the current issues and outline their policies for the way forward. Only when the parties have had time to carefully select with due diligence replacement candidates for the MPs standing down irrespective of their reasons for standing down But not until then, we must not in punishing the Government end up in punishing ourselves.

It is folly to blame Brown for a global recession that started in America in their so-called sub prime mortgage market. Brown didn’t see it coming neither did Cameron, neither did the majority of other countries Governments although to be Fair Vince Cable (your maligned Liberal Democrat Deputy Leader) was making warning speeches a year or more ago.

Interesting too to note how little fuss was made of Cameron's repayment of a £75000 mortgage not being claimed against expenses only to be replaced a couple of months later by a mortgage of £350,000 on another property on which he claimed £1700 to £1900 a month on his expenses.
Victors Mate

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 am

Rowan I share your sentiments. Can you arrange for Norfolk to become a Scottish Colony?
Victors Mate

Next

Return to Politics and News