Past Time to call 'Time'

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Past Time to call 'Time'

Postby Monika » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 am

Isn't it high time our soldiers were brought home from that God-forsaken, barren, forty degree hell-hole known as Afghanistan?

I've never understood what we're doing there in the first place. Why are we there and, more to the point, why do we remain there when we all know that nothing will be achieved, no matter how long it goes on. All that will happen is a continuation of the daily human sacrifice of our young men, sickening to read and totally at odds with the modern mantra embracing human rights.

Don't let me hear another word about 'more lives will be lost' from that nail-chewing, teeth-grinding, political misfit who has the power to bring them all home tomorrow if he wasn't like all the rest of the lying, cheating, thieving, moral-bankrupts who inhabit our once -respected House of Commons.

In the past ten days, fifteen British soldiers have lost their lives, brutally and shamefully unneccesarily.

This so-called war is pointless and inane and we don't have any business being there - so -
I really think it is time Brown either withdrew them or, if he really thinks it is justified, joined them.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:21 pm

You're right Monika a war that is not our war is supported by the two largest political parties. We should not be there.
Victors Mate

Postby Rowan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Agree absolutely with both of you. There isn't and wasn't any acceptable reason for our soliders to be there.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dejavou » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:29 pm

I agree .... if the Russians couldn't beat them, we sure as Hell won't :evil:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:08 am

Perhaps big business won't allow the troops to be brought home - after all, there are still profits to be made ....... :evil:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dita » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:31 am

You hit the nail on the head DJ. Thank goodness my son is out of the army, he did his bit in Bosnia. So many of our lads have died this week, it is terrible.
dita

Postby Rowan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Well my stepson Sean is off to the Falklands in three weeks and after that it will be Afghanistan. It makes me so angry that they are still there after everything that's happened and that idiot Greedy Clown (thank you Anya) is maintaining that its necessary. What on earth for?
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Some one made this point today.

If you spray this country with a selective herbicide you could kill the poppy plants. No poppies - no poppies, no opium - no opium, no heroin - no heroin, no funds - no funds, no terrorists - no terrorists, no problem.

An over simplification? Maybe but at least our young don't get killed.

Where is trooper Herby Cide when you need him?

What is our exit strategy?
Victors Mate

Postby Monika » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Mealy-mouthed, gordon the gopher goodness sake, has today, once again, denied what our soldiers and their commanders are telling us.

He doesn't get it, does he? With his record to date and his E grade in sincerity, when faced with our servicemen saying one thing and he saying quite the opposite, just who does he think we are going to believe!
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby ozzy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:38 am

If I remember the history of the Raj

UKkers lost some 500,000 soldiers, camp followers, servants and miscellaneous hangers on In Afghanistan during the 1800's.

The Great Game objective then was to keep the Russians from endangering India, and/or gaining a warm water port.

Many have tried, but no one has conquered and united the tribes of Afghanistan and the Tribal areas of Pakistan.

Th USA holds them responsible for 9/11.

It is a war harder to manage than the one lost in Vietnam.

ozzy

Return to Politics and News