NOT AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Where to start a debate on items relating to law and order.

NOT AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Postby Monika » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Memories of Jamie Bulger came flooding back after reading this:

Boy, 4, hurt in brick attack Saturday August 26, 09:40 AM

A four-year-old boy was left in a pool of blood with part of his ear hanging off after he was tied to tree and battered with a brick.

Relatives of Charlie Davis believe he could have been killed by a youth who dragged him off as he played near his home in Hull.

Mother Susan Davis was by her son's hospital bed waiting to see whether the youngster has suffered a fractured skull in the incident.

Traumatised Charlie is expected to have plastic surgery to repair his damaged ear.

Mrs Davis said her son was playing near his home in the Hessle area of the city when he was snatched by a local youth, pulled 200 yards along a path and tied to a tree by a railway line.
He was discovered in a pool of blood by a passing couple.

Mrs Davis told the Yorkshire Post the family has been left in shock by the incident and were now waiting in hospital for scan results.

Charlie's 18-year-old sister Sammy described how the couple who found him carried him back covered in blood.

She said her brother was so frightened by his ordeal he still cannot speak about it.

Humberside Police has described the attack as "totally unprovoked" and "particularly nasty".

I don't care how old, or young, the perpetrator is - there is absolutely no excuse for this. Children do know what is right and wrong from an early age.

Let's hope that they catch him very quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Monsy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:17 pm

Absolutely horrendous! I live in Hull but not for much longer.....Fortunately, there aren't very many feral youths on this side of the city.

I do wonder why a four year old was playing out though! Far too young in my opinion.....
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Horrendous story - just heard it on the news. I don't think a 4 year old should be out on his own...but what a world when a wee boy is attacked like this. We shouldn't have to worry about things like this happening. It doesn't excuse whoever did it.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dita » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:09 pm

I live near Hull, it has been on our news all day. My cousin who lives in Anlaby was really concerned and just hope the guilty party is caught and punished, poor little boy. Really must question though the same as you all. What was he doing out on his own?

WOW! An 11yr old boy arrested. Speechless!
dita

Postby Kevin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:52 pm

If the perpetrator is caught, he should be flogged to within an inch of his life! :evil:
Kevin

Postby Maywalk » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:01 pm

But he wont be Kevin as we all know.
Too many doogooders will step in and human rights will start wailing.
What a bloody sick world we live in now. :evil:
He will get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. :evil:
I get sick of the excuses about youngsters who do vile deeds like this. Its about time someone did something positive about the little swines. :tantrum2: :tantrum2:
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:23 pm

What we now have to ask is...why is a child as young as eleven killing? How are we letting the children down for them to think that this is acceptable. Far too much violence around for them to see and emulate. Too much TV, too many video games. I blame the parents for allowing their child to become so evil at such a young age. There is no excuse for murder but there are reasons why someone becomes a murderer.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby doatie1 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:33 pm

I see the police are havering about whether this was a genuine and wicked attack or perhaps a childish prank that had gone too far? If this eleven-year-old, now out on bail, proves to be the perpretator surely he is old enough to tell the difference between deliberate injury and a prank? Who hits a four-year-old with a brick just for fun?? What is happening to children?

doatie
doatie1

Postby Monsy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:38 pm

If he was mine he wouldn't be able to walk for a week...................
Monsy
Silly B

Postby Kevin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm

It's as much to do with the general decline in morality as anything. I was at a christening today, together with Lurline and sons Andrew and Mark. Some of you may remember a posting I put on Seni a couple of years back about Andrew's best mate, Kristian, being almost killed by a train. Well, it was Kristian's son Riley who was being christened this afternoon.

Families have generally disappeared as we once knew them. My youngest son is one of the few in his class that has two parents still living with each other. We're all being encouraged to be individuals, with consequently less thought for others. I was encouraged by what I saw today, where an attempt was made to show what families CAN be. Another child was being baptised at the same time. Her father was also a school mate of Andrew's who unfortunately turned on him and bullied him. He got into drugs, stole a car and crashed it, killing a girl passenger in the car. Smartly dressed and standing by the font as his daughter received her baptism, I saw a very different young man to the lad as he was just four or five years ago.

The church used to be part of the real fabric of society. At school, we all met together first thing in the morning and we sang hymns and said prayers. Our teachers strove to teach us right from wrong, as did our parents. We went to a lot of church weddings and christenings in those days. Today, most of the pews in our churches remain empty on Sundays. We spend Sunday at B&Q, Tesco and Sainsburys instead.

It's been a very uplifting day - I heard somewhere the other day that church attendance is on the increase. I pray that this is true.
Kevin

Postby Rowan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:07 pm

Knowing right from wrong is not something that any church can teach. That has to come from the home and the influence the parents have. I didn't get much in the way of religious instruction, due to my parents being agnostic but I did get a very well developed sense of right and wrong AND moral values.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby shade » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:51 am

I wholeheartedly agree with Rowan, I had much the same upbringing, no religious instruction at home or made to go to Sunday school, but I did have right from wrong instilled into me and moral values, on the other hand there are kids that come from a very good family environment that have had all these values instilled into them and they can still go off the rails and going to Church would not have stopped them.
shade

Postby Josieclick » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:08 am

Kevin wrote....

The church used to be part of the real fabric of society. At school, we all met together first thing in the morning and we sang hymns and said prayers. Our teachers strove to teach us right from wrong, as did our parents. We went to a lot of church weddings and christenings in those days. Today, most of the pews in our churches remain empty on Sundays. We spend Sunday at B&Q, Tesco and Sainsburys instead

Oh how I agree with you you Kevin,only the other Sunday we failed to get a parking space in Dunelm Mill store,I remember saying there was a day when we all flocked to Church...and I too attended Sunday school sometimes three times per Sunday,I also know right from wrong,and hopefully do our children and grandchildren,however as someone has pointed out there are always going to be the exceptions to the rule,maybe the gene pool is to blame,or perhaps we didn't know just what was happeneing behind those chintz curtains,sometimes an utter facade for the neighbours...I digress,there have always been folk who will pull the young ones down,but this time I reckon they have every justification sadly!!
Josieclick

Postby dita » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:09 pm

I think it all begins at home too. How does a boy of 11yrs have so much violence in his head.?????
dita

Postby Monsy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:30 pm

Video games?
Monsy
Silly B

Next

Return to Law and Order