AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

Where to start a debate on items relating to law and order.

AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

Postby Benjamin Gunn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:41 am

Not being particularly weak stomached, and having spent 30 yrs in the Police Service much of it here in Merseyside, an area by the river where crime is usually more serious than 'who has een scrumping the squires apples', or 'who took the vicar's cycle clips' in fact Bootle ansd Liverpool. Yet I was sickened to see the TV news last night where a young 'mother' and her boyfriend tortured and killed their toddler child and subsequently sentence to life imprisonment ( min 23 yrs.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... w_11082007

Ben
Benjamin Gunn

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:11 am

It's uncanny that this has just happened here! A 3 year old died after weeks of abuse including being hung on a rotary clothes line and spun then put into a tumble drier.. The trial is just beginning.
Both cases are not a sudden snapping of temper and lashing out , but premeditaded cruelty. Makes you sick.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:19 pm

How, why can people do this? We were sickened by the Gestapo in the second world war, we are sickened by the despotic torture in Iraq and other places and yet we have these barbaric events in our own supposedly civilised countries.

The punishments need to be harsh, very harsh but more importantly we need to know why they happened in the first place. Understanding might, just might lead to prevention.
Victors Mate

Postby Emm » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:47 pm

Personally - I doubt it, VM.
There always has been, and always will be, evil sadistic people in this world.
Emm

Postby DaisyB » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:57 pm

I'd give the perpetrators the same treatment.
DaisyB

Postby Lacemaker » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:07 pm

So would I June. :evil:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby maggiesaes » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:24 am

The likes of us-and we're a mixed bunch cannot imagine anyone doing this sort if thing and so I agree there are some people who are just evil and we'll never understand it even coming from our diverse areas,backgrounds and upbringings.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
MaggiesaesImage
maggiesaes

Return to Law and Order