Address bar disappeared!

Put your queries here

Postby vannin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Monsy, I had a short ponder then decided to find out more. Thanks for the screenshot and yes! That is exactly the site from which I downloaded and undertook the scanning. The Glary Utilities Scan and results develop into an order form and eventually a price, and by then the company receiving the order is called Uniblue. You might say I've been caught but I found the item had been reduced from £39 + VAT down to £19 +VAT.

So, having received a small unexpected windfall of £20 at the w/e, I went ahead, and it is on its way. Maybe unwise but not a massive amount.

I appreciate your being wary for me. Had a phone chat with the man who fixed the modem problem and he said everybody probably has faults in the registry and some become corruptions, and the fact mine was called 'danger level' with 521, was not so panic-making as I feared.

Viv
vannin

Postby Monsy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 am

Oh Viv!

It's entirely up to you, but I have it, and it's free.........

Anyway, I hope it works for you! It's pretty good for clearing stuff out and there is a back up option. Also it has its own system restore facility

There are a couple of more things you can try if that doesn't work........
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:07 am

The new Registry Cleaner and Booster dealt with and cleared the 521 faults, it said! It was a relief.

However there is still an absence of the toolbar, and I have got quite used to 'getting by' without it!

I think I will get regular suggestions from Uniblue to upgrade the facility but will resist spending any more!

Interestingly the transaction is called Uniblue 2012 but was in action yesterday.

Viv
vannin

Previous

Return to Technical Forum