I've got a problem

Put your queries here

I've got a problem

Postby dejavou » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:33 pm

If I'm missing for a while, I've got a very strange problem in that ALL my windows apps (start and everything) are coming up with strange script a bit like wingdings, rather than Alpha, I've no bliddy idea what's going on ..... so I'm away to bang my head on a brick wall, to see if that works :tantrum2:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Oddquine » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:02 pm

You virus checked and spy botted, Deja?

If you have with an up-to-date virus/spyware checker.......try re-installing/repairing your OS..I'm assuming you have an XP or whatever disc.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby widget » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:19 am

I see from another forum dejavou is still having her problem and has sent for a 'engineer' so she might be back soon.
widget

Postby dejavou » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:52 pm

The engineer's been ..... 5 hours he was here bless him, came in all confident, and went away frazzled and confused, only a young lad, but he aged around 20 years whilst he was here :thinking:

In the end he had to wipe the hard drive, as whatever it was had corrupted the registry and refused to be winkled out, everytime he tried something else he was "confident" that this would sort it, I felt quite sorry for him really, it really dented his ego.

Anyway, I'll be spending the next few weeks building my Favourites back up (I just spent ages on Google trying to find the Tree) just one more forum to find and then the important stuff's back in place :banana:

Ain't technology wonderful :sunglasses:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Rowan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Glad to see you back Deja!! :mrgreen:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Return to Technical Forum