Speakers

Put your queries here

Speakers

Postby wend » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:50 pm

As mentioned in another posting, my tower has been away for repair, the power supply unit was replaced and apart from the little problem below it seems to be working ok.

My speakers are not working properly, there is just a very faint sound. Can someone advise me please? Could I have put the wires in the wrong place when I re-connected?
wend

Postby Oddquine » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:34 pm

Are they in the connector with the green surround, Wend.

Have you checked that your sound/Speakers are full on............Start/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Re: Speakers

Postby Rowan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 am

wend wrote:As mentioned in another posting, my tower has been away for repair, the power supply unit was replaced and apart from the little problem below it seems to be working ok.

My speakers are not working properly, there is just a very faint sound. Can someone advise me please? Could I have put the wires in the wrong place when I re-connected?

If you are anything like me Wendy - that is EXACTLY what you've done!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Oddquine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:18 am

Just thought, wend..you do have the speakers themselves turned on and the volume turned up, don't you? :thinking:
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby wend » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:17 am

Oddquine wrote:Are they in the connector with the green surround, Wend.

Have you checked that your sound/Speakers are full on............Start/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/

:hide: Thanks Oddie!

I had the green connector in the blue connector because I had one over :rolleye11: and didn't know where else to put it, so I've swapped them over and it's all working great now.

:rolleye11:

Nowt changes eh!!

Problem number two.............

I took my camera on holiday, captured some cracking photographs but on the last day it had no power. I wasn't unduly worried as I assumed the batteries had run out. On returning home I put fresh batteries in but still no power. No problem me thinks, the photos are on the memory card. WRONG. I had forgotten to put the memory card in therefore the photographs were on the camera memory.

I'm loathe to put the camera in for repair as it's worth nothing by today's standards and not sure the pictures would be retrievable anyway?

P.S. YES THE BATTERIES ARE IN THE RIGHT WAY!
wend

Postby Oddquine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:48 am

What kind of camera is it, wend?

Sounds as if you've lost the photos, but might be worth having a google in case there is anything out there to help.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Victors Mate » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:55 pm

Wend take the camera into a decent photographic shop. Tell them what happened and see if they can do anything to retrieve them. This is what I did and ended up with the "unretrievable" pictures on a CD.
Victors Mate

Postby wend » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks Oddie, I did a quick search but only found the basic troubleshooters.

I'm probably going to do that VM, when I can find a proper photographic shop. They seem to be in decline, no doubt due to the internet. Talking of which, I've noticed two Thomson Holiday Shops have closed in our area. Really large ones too.
wend

Return to Technical Forum