A Question for Oddquine!

Put your queries here

A Question for Oddquine!

Postby toolip2 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 am

Rowan said you may be able to answer this for me:

When I type a long post I go to,post it and I am told that I need to sign in again. and when I do my long message is lost to cyberspace. Its a "Time out" thing I have been told and it happens on few forums. One forum I belong to now has a "save" if this happens and one does not lose their post. after signing back in Is this Time out a cyber space thing or can it be rectified by the moderator or owner of a forum. I now have to type my message in WORD and copy and paste it on tot he message board. what a palarva that is!!! Itis heart breaking to lose an indepth post and it leaves me :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :evil: :groaner:

Any ideas, :please:
toolip2

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:34 am

It's not really a problem Toolip.
Type out the post in Microsoft word, spell check it, hit the edit button, choose "select all". then choose "copy" go to the forum and the place you wish to post your message hit paste. job done.

Oddie might have a more elegant solution but the above works for me.
Victors Mate

Re: A Question for Oddquine!

Postby Oddquine » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:02 am

toolip2 wrote:Rowan said you may be able to answer this for me:

When I type a long post I go to,post it and I am told that I need to sign in again. and when I do my long message is lost to cyberspace. Its a "Time out" thing I have been told and it happens on few forums. One forum I belong to now has a "save" if this happens and one does not lose their post. after signing back in Is this Time out a cyber space thing or can it be rectified by the moderator or owner of a forum. I now have to type my message in WORD and copy and paste it on tot he message board. what a palarva that is!!! Itis heart breaking to lose an indepth post and it leaves me :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :evil: :groaner:

Likely is, toolip. Most forums have an automatic log out time, but tbh, I never noticed ours. Will have a look and see if it is alterable.

Do you need more than an hour? :mrgreen:

Won't be this weekend 'cos off to Nairn to childmind......but will get to it when I get back..............once I get my new hardrive up and running more than firefox.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby dita » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:22 am

I have prob too.
When I have posted, or read a PM I am automatically logged out and have to log in again.
dita

Re: A Question for Oddquine!

Postby toolip2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Oddquine wrote:
toolip2 wrote:Rowan said you may be able to answer this for me:

Likely is, toolip. Most forums have an automatic log out time, but tbh, I never noticed ours. Will have a look and see if it is alterable.

Do you need more than an hour? :mrgreen:

Won't be this weekend 'cos off to Nairn to childmind......but will get to it when I get back..............once I get my new hardrive up and running more than firefox.

Hi Oddie, if I may call you thus. :oops: Thanks for your offer to get to the possible bottom of this. Maybe it is something all forums have to put up with. I sometimes take up to 10 mins on a topic that rings my bells like nostalgia or if a member has a dilemma and I like to try to help.
Enjoy your child minding, no rush as I can do my reems in WORD :mrgreen:
toolip2

Return to Technical Forum