FAO Monika

Put your queries here

FAO Monika

Postby toolip2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

I do not have Photobucket anymore. I have some good pics of baby Lauren. I can go to my Documents and upload from there but how do I upload from My Pictures on this forum. On my other forum its easy for me. Sorry to be so thick!1 :groaner: :rolleye11: :huffin: :roflmao:

Toolip2 xxx
toolip2

Postby Oddquine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Attach them, toolip2.

If you start a new post or post a reply, below the bottom of the posting box, it gives you the option to add an attachment.

Can you reduce sizes to max 600 x 600? If not, I can up the limits..........to 800 x 800. More than that and people won't be able to see the whole picture without scrolling, unless they have a monitor the size of mine.

Then just browse for the picture you want to upload.

Alternatively open an album on here. Should be able to link from that.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Monika » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Sorry, toolip, have only just seen this.

I'm glad I missed it because Oddie has shown us a much better way than image hosting and I've just followed her instructions with the following result (two pictures of my front garden showing my drive which the neighbour's daughter keeps using):

Looking forward to seeing your new granddaughter.
Attachments
DSCF0069.JPG
DSCF0069.JPG (170.79 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
Front Garden x.jpg
Front Garden x.jpg (137.41 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Oddquine » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Nice garden, Monika!

Mine looks like a bombsite with lots of dougal dug holes!
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 pm

That's what I was thinking, Oddie! Mine is a mess! :roll:
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Monika » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Oddie and DL - don't fret - mine is a mess too at present. The daffodils are only yet in bud and I haven't removed much of the herbaceous die-back from last year as we are still getting night frosts on occasion.

I think those pics are a couple of year's ago! :roll:

Thanks for your help, Oddie, by the way - I really find this much less trouble than uploading to Photobucket etc. :thankyou:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Oddquine » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 am

Monika wrote:Oddie and DL - don't fret - mine is a mess too at present. The daffodils are only yet in bud and I haven't removed much of the herbaceous die-back from last year as we are still getting night frosts on occasion.

I think those pics are a couple of year's ago! :roll:

Thanks for your help, Oddie, by the way - I really find this much less trouble than uploading to Photobucket etc. :thankyou:

Only bugger is if you aren't computer savvy enough to reduce sizes....my photies are in the 2000+ pixel range, rather than the 600 allowed on here for attachments, for example.

Irfanview is a free programme which will do it very easily, if you don't already have a graphics programme installed..just go to File/batch conversion/rename....click on batch conversion then the advanced button.and just set the resize parameters to longest side 600 pixels. Easy peasy.

(I know you can do it Monika........just a heads up to those who haven't tried faffing about with graphics. :mrgreen:)
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Return to Technical Forum