Throb, vibrate, reverberate.

Put your queries here

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 am

Victors Mate wrote:About how long have we been inflicted by the dreadful mobile phone?

Maybe twenty years? I remember in 1992, when I knew little of these things, my boss had this mobile which resembled a brick! Mine is quite oldfashioned looking - when I was given it at Christmas '2002, I wasn't overjoyed and didn't expect to use it. However it was invaluable in times of crisis, but now lies fairly unused again.

Sat-navs are among the culprits (I don't even drive so don't own one!!), and microwave ovens etc. As someone said 'It doesn't matter how small the piece of technology is'.

Viv
vannin

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:08 pm

Victors Mate

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Thank you Tony. I am picking up useful information, and advice. The last two nights I kept a fan on all night, and to some extent, it masks the hum and I got a bit more sleep. This is fine in the current warm weather, but I don't expect to resort to using the fan for most of the year!

Viv
vannin

Postby Vince » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:58 pm

dejavou wrote::thinking: :rolleye11: what can one say .......... :roflmao:

Yippee.------------ (':yahoo:')
Vince

Postby dejavou » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Are you speaking from experience then Vince :hide:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Dragon Lady » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Viv, are any of these vibrating items also touching a wall. A washing machine, for instance, when it is spinning, if it is is touching a wall gives off a goodly vibration.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi D/L. No, I have made sure all the appliances still have their required space all round them, as David ensured when fitting the kitchen. I would never have the dishwasher or washing machine going after bedtime, so it had to be the fridgefreezer. There has been an update.......which came about at the same time as the nocturnal pondlife was creating criminal disturbances.

When an appliance engineer came to look at the f-f in the Summer, he saw the adjustable feet were about right - since my efforts, also the mat underneath, but said a second mat wouldn't hurt as I had a spare one. So between us we sorted it.

But he also said there is always a problem if a kitchen has floorboards............and I knew I would be unlikely to be re-flooring the kitchen.

The bad update in late August was half-expected. The f-f died on me...and it was only 2 years and five months old. One morning I found some contents suspiciously damp and the motor noise a different pitch. Luckily not much food wasted. By the evening it had defrosted itself and that was that. I had bought a seperate freezer (in the square part of the hall) and fridge which were waiting on standby.

These are functioning and I am now without both humming and vibration. The fridge is a bit small when the little family stay over!

I read reviews online of the Beko, and so many bad experiences like mine - people who would never buy Beko again. I booked the council collection for bulky items (£36) and finally it was gone. What with that and sourcing a burglar alarm installation when I am ignorant about them, it all happened. My daughter and s-i-l - and Charlie - were on two August holidays and missed it all!

Viv
vannin

Previous

Return to Technical Forum