Throb, vibrate, reverberate.

Put your queries here

Postby vannin » Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Okay, now I have been working on the problem. VM, I found where the fridge's levelling feet are, while vibrating was happening..........and twiddled them with the appliance leaning on my shoulder :rolleye11: Must have helped because now the door doesn't swing shut when fridge is upright and open again.
For good measure, I added a piece of underlay which is exactly the right size.

Now going to bed, and will hope tonight is better than last night when I got maybe a couple of hours sleep. I know it sounds funny, but once the sleeping pattern has been disturbed for so many months, you tend to lie wide awake, waiting for the next half hour session of rock and roll. :cry:

Viv
vannin

Postby Rowan » Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight Viv - it's rotten having disturbed sleep. :grouphug:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Thu May 20, 2010 8:26 am

Much better night, Thank you, though I woke at 5, aware of a slight 'throb' - sometimes my heartbeat joins in, so concentration is needed to determine whats 'what! But I actually went off again for an hour or so, which is a nice change.

Viv
vannin

Postby Rowan » Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 am

I was awake at 4.30 - asleep again with a cup of cocoa by 5 and slept till 6 - and that's with a sleeping pill. :dunno:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Victors Mate » Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Viv how's the throbbing now? :oops:
Victors Mate

Postby vannin » Fri May 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Much worse.

After all that.........it is likely, after all, to be nothing to do with the household appliances as such. This is after I changed my 2 -year-old Beko fridge freezer for a seperate Hotpoint freezer and Proline fridge. The Beko seems to be innocent.

After a process of elimination and after last night being very throbful, leaving me one hour's sleep..........the conclusion is that the culprit all along was the Grundfos pump in the airing cupboard, which probably needs replacing. The airing cupboard is in my bedroom - need I say more? Grundfos referred me back to British Gas.

The British Gas engineers have been here many times lately, under the Homecare 400 agreement and brought new parts to the less-than-4-year-old boiler, which actually brought a cessation of noises. But I was left with the throb. I feel a complete lack of knowledge and technical ability, despite having successfully won many other learning curves. The guys had not reached the pump!

So when I rang today there was an offer of a visit in the morning. But as I will have Charlie from then till Sunday, have had to substitute Monday afternoon for their call.

Viv
vannin

Postby Victors Mate » Fri May 21, 2010 4:20 pm

:hide: :hide: :hide:
Victors Mate

Postby vannin » Fri May 28, 2010 8:00 pm

It wasn't the pump after all! House still has a throb.

Looking back at the fridge freezer debacle, my daughter had said, 'We'll have the Beko for when we get a house, and we'll get it fixed'. So I got the new freezer and fridge and then when the 2-yr-old Beko was found innocent, brought it back in from the porch into its own place. Put the new feezer in the hall and the small fridge in the garage............awaiting 'one day' when they move into a house.

The low frequency thrumming still happens in the night, seems to come from far away and if it was just a hum, wouldn't be worth a second thought - what with all the sounds that are around. But the constant vibration happens with this. Daughter and s-i-l have not noticed it. These nights the disturbance starts soon after midnight, until about 3.45, has 90 minutes break till 5.15 then starts again till about 7. (There is no factory nearby.) It also pulsates the same way in the daytime.

So if I go to bed early and snatch a nap before midnight, that helps becuse the 90 minutes sleep later is very little and this bright Springtime precludes sleeping again after 7 a.m. I am wondering, seriously, if I have become hypersensitive to an electro-magnetic field.

Viv
Last edited by vannin on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 am

vannin

Postby Rowan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Yess, sounds like it. I bet it is something environmental - they'll find a solution eventually!
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dita » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Could be our Turbines gradually being sent your way, thought you'd
not notice. Damn :sorry:
dita

Postby Rowan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:20 pm

:roflmao:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 am

There is a Scottish one too!
"A low-pitched drone known as the "Largs hum" has troubled the coastal town of Largs in Strathclyde for more than two decades"

Viv
vannin

Postby Rowan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 am

I read that too Viv - I just assumed that the inhabitants didn't wash!! (a hum up herre is also a bad smell) :twisted: :roflmao:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:15 am

About how long have we been inflicted by the dreadful mobile phone?
Victors Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Forum