Have A Great Birthday Monika xx :bighugs:
dita

Re: Happy Birthday Monika

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Have a lovely day Monica and best wishes for more of the same. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Vince » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Happy Birthday Monika, have a lovely day.
Vince

Postby Monika » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:08 am

Thank you for your good wishes everyone.

Unfortunately, I had a minor disaster and all didn't end well. Brian took me to John Lewis in Nottingham to buy me a new shopping trolley and we did some shopping around town, but when we were approaching the tram stop (it was already coming in) I tripped over a metal grid in the pavement surrounding a tree in my haste.

I was sent sprawling headlong and my face slammed onto the pavement and finished up with a bruised right cheek, a bleeding mouth where I'd bitten my lips in the corner Today they are very swollen, as is my right hand and thumb. Typing is slow and laborious.

Today, we are off to our youngest son's place where they are giving me a special tea. It's a day late but they are only just back from holiday so that is something to look forward to. All in all though I guess it could have been a lot worse. :roll:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Monsy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Sorry I missed you yesterday! No use hoping you had a great day, because obviously, you didn't!

Enjoy your special tea though, any excuse to eat cake!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dejavou » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Hope you're feeling a lot better now Monika, sorry for missing your day, but I'm away on holiday. xx
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Sorry but I've only just seen this for some reason. So sorry about your mis-hap, Monika. I guess that really wasn't what you thought OH meant when he suggested a 'trip' to Nottingham? ( :sorry: )
Anyway, I hope you're recovering now and enjoyed your tea with your son. Actually, I reckon the best cure for a birthday that doesn't quite come up to scratch is another 'birthday'. Just pick a day and tell all your nearest & dearest that it will be your Official Birthday and they should feel free to help you celebrate by bringing bottles of bubbly; taking you out to dinner; festooning you and your house with flowers and bestowing upon you whatever your heart desires. Go on, go for it .... :)
Andere Richtingen

Postby Monika » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks deja ................ don't know where you are but hope you're thoroughly enjoying it. xx :ithanku:

Thanks to you too, Andere, good suggestion but I lack the bottle. Can only think that with your name you have plenty of Dutch courage. :groaner:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Return to GREETINGS