Happy Birthday Monika

Put your greetings to members on here

Happy Birthday Monika

Postby dita » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:52 pm

:birthday4: :wave: :fam21: :downhatch: Hope You Are Having A Great Day Monika :bighugs:
dita

Re: Happy Birthday Monika

Postby Monika » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Thanks for that, dita.

Have had a quiet day today; nothing special. My sister and b--i-l came yesterday and bought presents. My lovely neighbour also came and bought me some flowers yesterday. Youngest son and d-i-l took us out for a lovely lunch on Friday, because they had a christening to go to today. While we were out on Friday, middle son came and had to leave flowers and present on the doorstep and eldest son and d-i-l are in Italy at present, so had their present beforehand.

As I said - it has been very quiet, but I have enjoyed the day.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:23 pm

So sorry, Monika. I haven't been here much and so completely missed your birthday. A very late Happy Birthday to you from me! :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Monika » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Thanks for that, Andere; good wishes are always welcome however late.

Bearing in mind that I am now 82, I must tell you about something that occurred about 4 or 5 days prior to my birthday. I was coming back from visiting my friend a few streets away and called into Heron for some ice-cream. I was on my scooter and went into the shop on it. As I passed one aisle, there was a man on a scooter just sitting there (presumably waiting for me to go past). As I went back, I saw him again and realised it was an opposite neighbour who lives diagonally across from us and I said hello and that I was sorry but had not at first recognised him, to which he replied, "I was just sitting here thinking how much I fancy that woman on her scooter"

:whut: ................... 82 for goodness sakes?

Can't tell you how embarrassed I was and now I don't want to go out and potter in my front garden anymore.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:39 am

My first response to your post, Monika, was that the neighbour's comment was just a misguided male attempt at light hearted "gallantry". But then I started thinking about it and decided I actually think it's a bit creepy and that I'd probably feel much the same as you do. Such a shame if it really stops you enjoying the tail end of summer in the garden but,at least, he's not immediately opposite so it's not like being directly overlooked. Keep both Brian and a garden rake handy, just-in-case but don't let this inept man spoil your gardening pleasure.
Andere Richtingen

Return to GREETINGS