IMPORTANT:Updating the Board. Please read & respond

Put your suggestions and ideas for improving the forum here.

Re: IMPORTANT:Updating the Board. Please read & respond

Postby maggieh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Right just tried them all out and I'm sticking with Prosilver.I have been using that ever since I arrived at this forum. :mrgreen:

Thank you Oddie and Andere for the instuctions.
maggieh

Postby dejavou » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Odds, I really only use MacBook and I'm on sub pink 2 no problems, but I've just tried my iPad and that is fine, both on Safari, if you need owt else let me know x
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby dita » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:28 pm

:hide: Oh! my Giddy Aunt Fanny, never thought my name would cause all this-------most of the official stuff I have no understanding of :hide: but will go along with anything that suits everyone. :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby Oddquine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:54 pm

As it now appears that everyone can access the forum on anything, I am minded just to leave this one up and just delete, bit by bit, the sections/forums and extensions unused after 2016. If you would prefer stuff kept from before then just let me know a preferred cut off year. Or I can just leave everything as it is.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 pm

I gather quite a few listed members are deceased if I understood correctly: Tiddles, Arfaitis, Miriam (can't remember her forum name. But I see Polter, Dragon Lady and Robbie are Honorary members. R. I.P.
vannin

Postby marieann » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm using Prosilver and always use Google Chrome. With iphone, ipad and Kindle Fire the pages load immediately, as they do on my desktop, I've never had a problem.
I've just discovered how to get the correct time on the forum.
marieann

Postby Oddquine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:55 pm

vannin wrote:I gather quite a few listed members are deceased if I understood correctly: Tiddles, Arfaitis, Miriam (can't remember her forum name. But I see Polter, Dragon Lady and Robbie are Honorary members. R. I.P.

Probably a lot more than that have gone now, vannin.

When Rowan took over the day to day running of the forum and was instrumental in making it what it is now, and then sadly died too young, I had always intended that it would remain as it was for as long as I lived. In fact I promised her that her Rowans would be her legacy, which is why, when I set up the Rowan Tree Forum Memorial Grove in her memory, I put the link to the Grove on the header of the Forum, and why when I pruned the Anything Goes forum, I didn't delete the posts, but put them all in an Archive at the bottom of the forum...an archive to be used, if necessary, in the future.

But I suppose I can't expect people who joined the forum after Eve's death to know the background of it, and understand why I am so reluctant to completely revanp the forum and change it materially from what it is currently...which is the way Eve wanted it.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby dita » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Oddie what you have just described is exactly the same as what Penny and I have strived to do ever since Eve left us, Eve and yourself were such special individuals in the running of this forum and its hard to explain but - Eve still exists here. I sincerely hope I haven't said anything out of turn.
dita

Postby Oddquine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:20 pm

dita wrote:Oddie what you have just described is exactly the same as what Penny and I have strived to do ever since Eve left us, Eve and yourself were such special individuals in the running of this forum and its hard to explain but - Eve still exists here. I sincerely hope I haven't said anything out of turn.

Nothing at all, Dita. The thread you and Penny started was pretty much latched onto by individual members to become the go to thread for just letting people know they were still around. Not everybody has something to say which would warrant a whole dedicated thread to itself and dozens of threads headed "Good Morming people", by individuals every day would have clogged up Anything Goes in fairly short order.

It was only four pages in before Steve stuck his oar in, and six pages long when Mons started joining in. It wasn't you taking it on yourself to start a long-running thread with you both perceived to be "owners", but everybody else taking it over as the Good Morning thread for the whole forum. There has never been anything stopping any one else doing the same, or even opening a thread to do exactly the same thing with no personalities involved in the title, but what was the point of more than one thread being used for the same purpose when there was already one up, running and being used by everybody.

The whole bickering about that thread is much ado about nothing, imo.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby dejavou » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Evie would be proud of your sentiments Odds and as Dita says Eve is still in residence xx
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 am

Just to say that, so far, all my gizmos still seem to be doing fine and getting in here OK so long as I don't use Chrome so whatever Oddie decides to do will be fine by me. (I didn't know the forum was a kind of In Memoriam and feel a bit guilty now that I started this hare running ....)
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm

I am also on Prosilver :sunglasses:
twin1947

Previous

Return to Suggestions