Forum Improvements

Put your suggestions and ideas for improving the forum here.

Postby george 45 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:38 am

Oddquine wrote:
george 45 wrote:
dita wrote:I see George you came in Jan this year, most of us have been here much much longer than that.

Just what was I to understand by this remark then dita ?
And please do not make accusations such as this "Please do not twist words just to create a bit of havoc. George45"
....remember the Forum Rules, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS !

It means exactly what it says, George. It means that the majority of members on this forum have been on it for years, not months, and if they were having problems with the way the forum was set up and working, they know very well that, over the years they just have to say something....and they have not.

The things you want to remove are to speed up the forum, but they will not improve the forum, except perhaps in your eyes because you will have made as you want it. Fast is not an improvement if there is nothing you liked left.

Your interpretation of dita's words so as to imply that we do not welcome new members could very well be construed as twisting, just as dita's response to that could well be construed as an insult. I tend to take posts in context and not as cherry picked parts out of a thread to make a point or an argument.

It is a pity you didn't think to frame your suggestion a shade more on the "I am finding the forum slow to load, what do you think can be done about it." and offer what irritates you as options to be removed. That way you may have come across as less "I know best" (because believe me, you don't know best) and would at least have ascertained the opinions of people other than yourself..and saved the arguments creeping into this thread.

I would like to repeat that I don't WANT anything ! - my post was in response to the request that is made on the forum homepage for 'suggestions for improving the forum' what I said was just a suggestion - I was trying to help but just got jumped on again.
All this is very upsetting.
george 45

Postby Anya » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:57 am

Now, now, little children, bed and no birthday cake, if this goes on !! :grouphug:

Why should the forum load instantly for me but not some of you?

How big is your hard drive (if it's not a personal question), how many RAMs and GOATs?
Anya

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:59 am

I have not had any problem with the forum loading.

Viv
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:24 am

My Gawd what on earth is happening to us. ?????????????

CAN WE ALL START AGAIN PLEASE. ??????????????

I dont say much in regards of falling out with anyone because I am the sort of person that would rather face those in real life rather than words written on a forum so PLEASE CAN WE BRING THIS TO AN END.

Come on everyone Image and forget it.
Maywalk

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:38 am

I agree Maisie can we stop all this and go back to being silly, we're really good at being silly. :please:

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Victors Mate

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 am

Hear hear :sunglasses:

Viv
vannin

Postby Monsy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:33 am

*Monsy wanders slowly into thread, after her pc with a terrapin :rolleye11: hard drive has booted up faster than she can get back from the kettle*

*reads thread carefully, purses mouth like a cat's bahookie and decides she will go off and open a packet of choklit hobnobs instead of joining in *

*Conferskates plate from Magical Princess Putrid Muriel the First, wipes carefully with Parazone wet wipe, places doiley on said plate and offers hobnobs all round*

Three left! whaddya mean three left? and the choklit has definite signs of lickage??

:dunno:
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:35 am

Well it wasn't me who licked it Monsy. :huffin:

I have already had my coffee and biscuits. :dunno: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Arfaitis » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 am

I think your mouse be the problem, get a new ball :rolleye11:

Replacement of Mouse Balls.

If a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units). Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop off method. Domestic balls are replaced by using the twist off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each person have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should contact the local personnel in charge of removing and replacing these necessary items.

Please keep in mind that a customer without properly working balls is an unhappy customer.

Arfa
If I am wrong and there is nothing, then it will not matter....if there is 'something' then I am not afraid.

West Yorkshire
Arfaitis

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:06 pm

My daughter collects cat ornaments, she is looking for a cat shaped mouse for her 'puter. My grand-daughter (the one with OCD) says she is just trying to get into therapy like what she is 'cos they do choccy biscuits and a nice cuppa.
Victors Mate

Postby Monsy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Would she like to join my therapy group then VM? it's just me and Deja (Oddie's always in the bookies)

We will even take our curlers out and act awfy posh.

She has to bring the biscuits though............ :oops:
Monsy
Silly B

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Arfa that reminded me of when I answered the phone the other day and someone from the hospital asked for my hubby and I replied without thinking that he was squeezing his balls at the moment but I would go and get him. :oops:
I realised what I said when silence reigned at the end of the phone followed by a burst of laughter.
I then said that I was sorry but I meant he was squeezing his exercise balls to help strengthen his wrists. :roll:
The lady at the other end of the phone said she would have something to tell her hubby when she got home.

She was still giggling when I handed her over to hubby.
Maywalk

Postby Monsy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 pm

You are norty Maisie, but ai laike you.........
Monsy
Silly B

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Got to have a giggle now and then Monsy to lighten up our lives. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Victors Mate » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:59 pm

When Gina worked In John Lewis she was asked by a posh laidy (could have been Monsy) "Could you tell me where to find stools?" :oops:
Victors Mate

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions