IMPORTANT:Updating the Board. Please read & respond

Put your suggestions and ideas for improving the forum here.

Re: IMPORTANT:Updating the Board. Please read & respond

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 am

Andere Richtingen wrote:

GransNet restrict each thread to 1000 posts, after which you have to start a new thread. Maybe this could be 1500, but the "Hi Dita..." thread is well out of hand now!
I'd love to know what anyone else thinks.

I agree with you about the Hi Dita thread. On the new forum it would be good if it was replaced with a daily chit chat thread - Hi EVERYBODY.. Or just called 'daily chit -chat'

I agree with all your other suggestions too Andere.
caroljoyce

Postby dita » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks------and I would like to know why the name Dita is sooooooooo ---un required? especially you Carol. Well I can do something about that.
dita

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:04 pm

I feel uncomfortable posting on a thread addressed to Dita and all.
I know originally it was just between you & penny but there are more members now so a new thread which makes us all equal would be better.

I did send a PM to penny when I first started posting on the Dita thread .. I asked her if she could change it's name to 'Daily chat' or something similar as it made other members feel like intruders but she did nothing.
I just don't think a chat thread on the new forum should have any members name in the title. It should be for ALL of us - Not Dita and ALL!!

I hope you can understand my reasoning Dita. I've nothing against your name personally.
caroljoyce

Postby dejavou » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:54 pm

of course caroljoyce you could always start your own thread named Daily Chat ..... problem solved

And as there are very little posts overall on the forum one topic with lots of pages shouldn't cause any problem at all
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:21 pm

I'd rather penny or Dita started it. They would then have their name as starter of the thread.
I'm not wanting to deny them the honour of being the starter of the most popular thread.

I'd just like not to be classed as one of 'ALL'. I don't think it's very nice.
caroljoyce

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

I have jut read this Carol. Never read anything so stupid. Solving it now. I am off. Penny
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Good grief - this is the suggestions section. I made a suggestion you didn't like. Get over it!

When age-net closed down I did my best to get members to come on here.
One was Carole from Burton on trent - she was an age-net member - some of you may remember her. She left a long time before it closed but she & I kept in touch.

She told me the' Hi Dita and all ' thread put her off posting because it was like intruding on a private conversation between Dita & penny.

Are you saying if we get a new forum you still want the daily chat thread to be called 'Hi Dita and all' ?

Why?
caroljoyce

Postby dejavou » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:57 am

caroljoyce wrote:Good grief - this is the suggestions section. I made a suggestion you didn't like. Get over it
Are you saying if we get a new forum you still want the daily chat thread to be called 'Hi Dita and all' ?

Carolejoyce the Hi Dita and all thread was started by Penny to try and keep the forum going when most people were drifting away (myself included, although I check in often through the day just to keep an eye on things) and it did evolve into a daily chat thread for ANYBODY who wanted to join in.

I made a simple suggestion to resolve this which you weren't happy with either, as for some reason you seem to have some longstanding personal issue with Penny and Dita. So may I suggest that "if and when" the forum techie problems get sorted (although I wouldn't blame Oddie if she decided not to bother as it would appear to be more trouble than it's worth) you don't dip into threads which have a title you are not interested in, after all you would not go into a newsagents and feel obliged to read any magazines on subjects don't interest you.

If I could be bothered i would start a SNOWFLAKE thread
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

Of course I have no long standing issue with penny & Dita. I have known penny in particular online for a long time and have always liked her.
I know that originally there was only penny & Dita posting on the thread. When other people came along the 'and all' was added.

I did try to start a daily chat thread for everybody when I came on here but admin sent me a PM saying there was already the Hi Dita thread for daily chat...

No worries. Not another peep out of me. :)
caroljoyce

Postby Oddquine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:23 am

Jesus wept! Grow up people, or I'll close the forum altogether.

And the reason Agenet and the like limited posts was because they were BIG, they had a lot of them over a relatively short time and disc space isn't infinite. I have plenty disc space and this forum is not big....it never has been.

I am waiting for Andere, who appears to have managed to get onto the forum on her android using a different browser, to confirm that she is able to access it reliably and waiting for those of you who CAN access it on your android phones/tablets and ipads etc to tell Andere what forum style you are using..... fisubgey/fisubice/subsilver2/subpink2 or prosilver. It will be less hassle to me to delete stuff off this forum than it will be to download and set up a brand new version.
Last edited by Oddquine on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 am

I have just discovered this thread this morning !!!! I can't add anything really because I have just enough 'nolledge' to use my laptop or occasionally the old desktop. I don't understand the more modern gadgets and am not expecting to easily learn.

I would be posting more frequently if I usually felt mellow like today. But over the last couple of years my contributions have not always been as 'happy-making as they should be. Anyway, regarding change, I'll go with the flow.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 am

I am waiting for Andere, who appears to have managed to get onto the forum on her android using a different browser, to confirm that she is able to access it reliably and waiting for those of you who CAN access it on your android phones/tablets and ipads etc to tell Andere what forum style you are using..... fisubgey/fisubice/subsilver2/subpink2 or prosilver. It will be less hassle to me to delete stuff off this forum than it will be to download and set up a brand new version.

Sorry I don't know what you mean,Oddquine about the forum style I am using.When I log in here with my tablet and phone its the same as on my laptop. :roll:
maggieh

Postby Oddquine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:54 am

maggieh wrote:I am waiting for Andere, who appears to have managed to get onto the forum on her android using a different browser, to confirm that she is able to access it reliably and waiting for those of you who CAN access it on your android phones/tablets and ipads etc to tell Andere what forum style you are using..... fisubgey/fisubice/subsilver2/subpink2 or prosilver. It will be less hassle to me to delete stuff off this forum than it will be to download and set up a brand new version.

Sorry I don't know what you mean,Oddquine about the forum style I am using.When I log in here with my tablet and phone its the same as on my laptop. :roll:

In your Board Preferences in your user control panel, you get the choice of 5 forum styles....which just means 3 page setups with two of them in different colours really. Before we migrated from the old Rowans, we had a lot more. A look at your board preferences will tell you what style you are using.
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:57 am

I'm here!! So far, using Puffin on the Android tablet is working fine so, fingers x-ed that it continues.
As for the style. I've always used the default Subsilver2 and it behaves fine on all devices. Just out of interest, I tried Prosilver2 on the tablet but don't particularly like the layout. Then I tried Fisubgrey2 but had to rapidly change back because it made my brain hurt. Now back with Subsilver and staying there!

Maggieh: go to the User Control Panel then click Board Preferences. In the menu that opens up , click Edit Global Settings and then My Board Style. Click on the little drop down menu that you see and try the different styles. You will see the layout and co!our scheme of the forum alters. Choose the one that suits you and your screen size/resolution best.
Aha. I see Oddie's answered ahead of me ...

EDIT: Fiddlesticks!! I see I got my silvers mixed up, above. :doh: To correct myself - the default style, to which I have returned, is Prosilver2.
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 am

Hi, sorry I jumped in yesterday. Had a very painful day and should have kept quiet.Keep up the good work Oddie. Should have said Dita and I have never met but like Oddie, we did our best in respect of Rowan who died too young. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions