Type 2 diabetes

For those of us with Diabetes Type 2

Postby Lacemaker » Sat May 15, 2010 11:46 pm

I had forgotten about the volcanic ash, JJ.

ROWAN !!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Rowan » Sun May 16, 2010 9:42 am

I know!! I know. :sad:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby jollyjack » Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Just has a matter of interest Eve how high when you are being bad? I had mostly low readings when I was away, now I am back they are mostly between 6-7.5 and wee odd ones of of 8-9 I don't know if it that is controlled or not.
jollyjack

Postby Rowan » Sun May 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I don't measure when I've been bad!! When I do measure it is usually before breakfast and its always under 6. The earl of hell has been tempting me all day every day with all the sweeties I can eat...abd I didn't used to bother with - god kmnows what it is after I have been bad!! They have put my Gliclazide up to two daily though.
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Lacemaker » Sun May 16, 2010 11:03 pm

I have days when I fail to stick to the diet - biscuits are my temptation - and Mars Bars ! I can avoid the Mars Bars by not buying them but 2 biscuits (Milk Arrowroot) are allowed for snacks and occasionally in an evening the two may stretch to four or more ........
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby toolip2 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Lacemaker daid:

With all the stress you are under at the moment, toolip, how are your readings going ?

Not too bad, thanks. with Simba going missing and my fractured ankle I have not been testing so much and have been naughty with bread and butter puds and custard (home made) Oh sod it, I thought! :twisted: :roll: Onje day recently my reading was 2.9!!!! I was on the brink of a hypo but did not feel that bad. I had taken a pill in the morning, a Gliclazide at breakfast and had nothing to eat all day snd in the afternoon tested and got this very low reading, so i ate some bisguits and had a glass of Lucozde and it crept back up. Never been that low.

As I had little appetite with simba going missing, I did not eat properly and missed brekki a few times and did njot take my mreds and could not be bothered TBH. I was too upset. Back to noraml now and will do another test on thre morrow.
:grouphug:
toolip2

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:16 am

It was my weigh in day today so first thing this morning I hopped on the scales - to find that I was below 69.5 kgs, total weight loss so far 15.5 kgs with my BMI dropping from 33 down to 25.8 - I went shopping for some new pants last Friday ..... size 14 instead of size 20. :banana:

My ideal weight should be between 54 and 67 kgs but if I can get down to 65 kgs I will be happy to leave it there otherwise I will look too scrawny.

Now I have to make sure I keep the weight off with the wedding coming up next April.
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dejavou » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:51 pm

You're going to look so glam at the wedding Hazel, I must make an effort or I'll look like Humpty Dumpty at the side of you :tantrum2:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Rowan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Good for you Hazel :grouphug:
Gaelic Proverb

Rowan
Site Admin

Postby jollyjack » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Wow! Great result, bet you feel fantastic. I agree about looking scrawny when I get down too much the wrinkles show more. Well done.
jollyjack

Postby toolip2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:27 pm

I am pleased all is going well for you. I am having trouble with my waistline as its gfrown to 40 inches and it was 32 and I cant shift it. I am desparate to lose at leat six inches from my waist. I am slim aopart from this. One of my pills increases weigt so I must see the nurse.

I have had a terrible few months with family since before Christmas so maybe this is the problem but its getting me down, this waistline problem. My weight is ok though My cholesterol pill does not agree with me and I have had to stop them and try yet another one :groaner: My accident in april took ages to recover so i could not excercise. I look 6 months pregannt1 :roll: :huffin: but I'm not! :roflmao: :dunno:
toolip2

Postby Lacemaker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:30 am

Pregnant !!!!! I hope not for your sake toolip. :roflmao:

Seriously from what I have read, the strain of family and health could very well have caused your problems. I hope thing improve from now on. Now you have recovered from the accident I hope things will be brighter for you.

I have carefully avoided the tape measure for a long time but I might just get it out and check the latest measurements.
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby toolip2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Oddly enough I weigh the same even after our recent holiday where we had all our food included and some good portions too. :roll: Its just my waistline thats the problem and my BMI must be higher now. it was 25 which is good for my build and height.
I will make an appouintment to see the doc this week and see if i can get a referral to the gym. failing that I will try Weighwatchers or slimming world :dunno: :roll: :groaner: :roflmao:
toolip2

Previous

Return to Diabetes Type 2