Got her!

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

Got her!

Postby Orchidea » Sat May 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Found her today, 7 weeks old, cute as a button, but still thinking of a name for her!

Not the best picture, but she has no clue how to pose as yet! :roll:
Orchidea

Postby Rowan » Sat May 14, 2005 8:18 pm

Absolutely gorgeous Orchidea. How about Suki
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby vannin » Sat May 14, 2005 8:25 pm

Our last cat but one, was Suki, named by the children. A good name indeed!
vannin

Postby Orchidea » Sat May 14, 2005 11:22 pm

I have had a Suki, and she was nowt but trouble for me! I had bred her originally, she was a beautiful silver tabby and my niece fell in love with her and took her home. A few years later I got her back (nieces children had allergies), and I happened to live next to a wildfowl farm. Fine, the farmer adored her as she pottered round with him most of the day. Then she started not coming home at night, and then....crunch! She started coming home with a bloody mouth and feathers stuck to her, very proudly sitting on the back doorstep bawling to be let in! :oops:

Well, I had to let her move on to someone else, it was the farmer that got one of his mates who had a cattle farm to have her - and last I heard she is now very happily stalking cows. :roll:

I am trying to think of something that means something special to me - it will come!
Orchidea

Postby e » Sun May 15, 2005 9:41 am

She's gorgeous :!: :)

e

Postby Rowan » Sun May 15, 2005 3:55 pm

Our last cat was called Mitzi - she was a real terror - Max was terrified of her.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby DaisyB » Sun May 15, 2005 5:01 pm

She's adorable.
DaisyB

Postby Orchidea » Sun May 15, 2005 5:07 pm

I had two little ones a few years back, hubby wanted to call them Bug and Her 8) - we settled on Bug and Thug.

Worst was we had two lovely chinchilla queens, and went to Spain to live, so we flew them over too. All was fine, but we decided to get an extention built onto the villa, so, as hubby was working offshore a lot anyway it was me that had to oversee the work going on.

The two queens were Penny and Pippa, and everyone who saw them fell in love with them. They always had to come out in the car, and would happily sit in the rear window causing other drivers to do a double take when they would sit up and stretch at random - most at first taake thought they were toys! :lol:

However, they would stay out nights, they had shelter if they needed, but night hunting for little beasties was good there. So, I would call them in for their breckie. Pippa would always come on first call, but not Penny, so I would be stood, in flimsy hot weather wear calling this 'far too busy to come' cat home. I didn't get why all the builders went berserk and started cat calling me, actually, finding roses on the front doorstep didn't do a lot for me either. I mentioned this to a newly acquired Spanish friend and she just roared laughing. Seems Penny is a nickname for a certain part of the male anatomy - there was me, hubby working away, standing on my terrace each morning begging for it! :oops:

You have to be very careful naming cats - and this time I 'aint about to hurry it! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Orchidea

Postby Emm » Sun May 15, 2005 5:27 pm

She's beautiful.
And you did well getting such a good photo of her.
I had a portrait taken of our little dog about a month after we got her - and what a performance trying to get her to sit and stay.
Emm

Postby Monsy » Wed May 18, 2005 10:49 am

She is gorgeous.

I only have two cats left now, at one time I had five. Jaffa Gingerbits who is 17 this year and Wolfie who really belongs to my grand-daughter, but insists I belong to him.
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby mazzy » Wed May 18, 2005 11:10 am

She is beautiful..a little sweetie. At the moment I have Misty, Magic, Chloe and Jessie. I keep saying these will be the last cats I will ever have.....as you get older you realise that they may be left behind. Then I go onto the cat charity sites, and realise that there will also be an old lady looking for a home.
mazzy

Postby Orchidea » Wed May 18, 2005 11:18 pm

Meet "Willow"

Orchidea

Postby Josieclick » Wed May 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Awe

Willow is lovely.....Mallow our pain in the proverbial's- Mum was called Willow 8)
Josieclick

Postby Emm » Thu May 19, 2005 6:03 pm

What a beautiful name.
Emm

Postby Orchidea » Tue May 24, 2005 10:36 pm

Emm wrote:What a beautiful name.

Ha!! Shame she's called "You little Bugger" then isn't it. Loves scurrying up anything that doesn't move, curtains, stairs, skirts, and yep, even bare legs!

I have actually bought a little fly swat and just tapped her little nose with it twice - now I only have to pick it up and she gallops out of reach so fast!

She's learnt well, I will never have to tap her with it again.

My sister bought the fly swat for her new Pup - he ate it! :lol:

BTW, nothing cruel intended, we know that just the tap with a firm NO a couple of times works wonders when this young. They don't get hurt, just a bit shocked is all!
Orchidea

Next

Return to Pet Pics