Got her!

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

Postby DaisyB » Tue May 24, 2005 10:44 pm

We used a plant mister for the dogs when they were naughty
DaisyB

Postby Rowan » Tue May 24, 2005 10:47 pm

Yes, I had one of those daisy!! It works.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Orchidea » Tue May 24, 2005 11:05 pm

Tried that, she just sits there and washes herself, she's a tough one. Put the Dyson on and she sits on it for the ride! :shock:
Orchidea

Postby Emm » Wed May 25, 2005 5:46 pm

A small washing up liquid bottle,filled with water, or child's water pistol would be better - then the water comes out in a jet rather than a spray.
Don't let the animal see the bottle beforehand, but as soon as it starts to do that which is not wanted, give it a quick burst.
They will soon come to associate doing whatever it was, with an unpleasant experience.

A dog or cat should never be hit on the nose - it can cause damage.
Emm

Postby Orchidea » Wed May 25, 2005 11:17 pm

Oh Emm, bless! I have never, would never hurt any animal. I was a registered breeder of Chinchilla cats for many years, and also a member of the Scottish Borders Cat Rescue. I have had more kitts through my hands than most people see in a lifetime. I have exported, imported, rescued, mothered from 2 days old - the lot.

I even got into cat rescue in the Far East - on Borneo they are all tail-less and often feral - hard nuts to crack, and it was there that I was told by the vet (an Ozzie) that a gentle touch/tap on the nose was there, instant and harmless as opposed to having to go fetch a water bottle or spray that could be in another room. It is just the feel of something on the nose that works and makes them stop. Much like the pull on a childs arm to stop it running into the road, harmless if done right, but effective.
Orchidea

Postby Emm » Thu May 26, 2005 2:32 pm

My goodness, you are a cat lover, aren't you.
I have only had three cats in my time - all strays.
;)
Emm

Previous

Return to Pet Pics