Honey

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

Postby dita » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:09 pm

That little Shetland is so lovely, long time time since I have seen one, not many around here. I used to have a black miniture poodle, also an apricot one. Love all animals, humans do not alway's treat them right. I seem to be more upset over animals than people.
dita

Postby Rowan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:00 am

It's because they depend on us to speak up for them Dita - I feel the same.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Emm » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Oddquine wrote:Erm....I don't think there are any pits on Shetland! :dunno:

I don't know - I have never been.
;)

@Dita - It is surprising how many people say the same re animals, Dita - me included.
Emm

Postby dita » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:51 pm

This was our 2 Labs, Saxon and Winston. Saxon looked after his brother until we had to have him destroyed at only 3yrs old. Sad story really, we only bought Saxon origionally, but was asked if we would give Winston a home too, He was savaged by their mother. The woman who bred them tried to save the pup, and the vet did not hold much hope but treated him by putting many stitches in his head and face, he almost looked like a Boxer. We were only too happy to have him and enjoyed him only a short while but he is still in our thoughts as he had such character and never lost the puppy stage, Saxon really protected him too, they were really great together. As he grew his brain out-grew his scull causing him to have many fits, it was with a great sadness that we had to end his suffering, I have tears over this till this day.
dita

Postby Rowan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:57 pm

The wee soul Dita. I haven't forgotten any of my pets who have died. I miss them so much even now, they were all members of the family.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Emm » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:32 pm

So sad, Dita.
My mother had a poodle whose mother had bitten her foot off when she was born.

Both my poodle, and my greyhound died under horrific circumstances. I still shed tears over them - and blame myself - even though there was nothing I could do.
Emm

Postby Monsy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:26 pm

You can't blame yourself - just remember the happy and well loved life you gave them!

That's all they were bothered about Emm. A warm place to lie, plenty to eat and plenty of walks, with someone to love them!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Previous

Return to Pet Pics