Feel I Want To Share

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

Postby Monsy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:40 pm

Don't be daft Dita, I am sure we are all interested, I know I am!

As Rowan says, if you go to the bother of feeding and looking out for them - yes, they are pets!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby dejavou » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:47 pm

Keep posting Dita, I love looking at your piccies :please:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Emm » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Dita - I think it is a Marsh Tit.
In my book, the Willow has a more pronounced stripe on it's wings, and has a pinker chest.
Emm

Postby dita » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Yes! Emm that is what I think, however my husband does not agree he thinks it is a Willow Tit. We agree to differ. :rolleye11:
dita

Postby Monsy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:55 pm

You are right dita.............

as we laydeez always are!
Monsy
Silly B

Postby twinsmum » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:28 am

:rolleye11: dita keep your pictures comeing,look in your bird books i think your little bird is a blackcap any other offers.
I ask John about he kestrel he better with the birds of pray than me in other words hes got better eyesight.
twinsmum

Postby dita » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:44 pm

Here is another of it, still think it is a Marsh Tit.
dita

Postby dita » Tue May 02, 2006 9:13 pm

Caught these lovely Goldfinches having a few peanuts today, they are very elusive and I had to crawl on my hands and knees until I reached the nearest window to get a shot, thus they are not perfect.

Also, the Housemartins have arrived today, there is lots of chatter going on now under the apex of our house.
dita

Postby Lacemaker » Tue May 02, 2006 9:31 pm

I agree Rowan. I would much rather see them living free than couped up inside a small cage and if you feed them, they ARE pets.

I had a Butcher Bird here the other day. I have seen them here before but this one must have been used to people because he quite happily took small pieces of minced meat from my hand and kept coming back for more. Normally I leave the meat on the railing of the sundeck and then watch them come for it from inside the house. I wonder how many calls he has every day. :thinking:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Monsy » Wed May 03, 2006 10:11 am

When I lived 'dan sowf' we had four pairs of housemartins coming back, year after year. A few tweaks to the nest, and they were comfortable! I noticed they never built their nests above the windows. They were the opening out sort, and I suppose if someone was inclined they could have knocked the nests down.

Have you got a foty of a Butcher Bird in your garden Hazel? The wee one has that Lorikeet one up on the wall!
Monsy
Silly B

Postby dita » Wed May 03, 2006 10:18 pm

The bloke opposite has been getting prepared today because the house-martins have been taking over his eaves, the previous owner encouraged them, but had to frequently clean her bedroom window which was alway's open in summer, due to droppings. Since he bought the house he has neglected to clean the window and it finished up last year with so much mess piled on it we were all moaning, so he cleaned it then hung 4 or 5 carrier bags up to stop the birds nesting, did it work? NO and he finished up with about 10 nests. However he did keep the window shut. Today he hung up loads of CD's I will let you know the outcome. :roflmao:
dita

Postby Lacemaker » Thu May 04, 2006 1:44 am

This is the Butcher Bird that I could hand feed Mons, unfortunately he wouldn't keep still for me ! The other photos are of a Butcher Bird up in Yandina in Queensland that my friend Anne has been feeding since it was a baby. Not long after I left, it found its way inside the house and stayed there for about an hour and a half before kindly condescending to stroll out of the open door.

Probably checking the frig to see how much meat was left............

----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Shutterfrog » Thu May 04, 2006 2:17 am

Dita, if your Willow / Marsh Tit lived here, I would call it a Chickadee. Lovely bird, whatever the name. :sunglasses:
Shutterfrog
Clicker B

Postby Monsy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:45 am

AAAAW it's lovely - thanks Hazel. I have printed it off for her.
Monsy
Silly B

Postby Emm » Thu May 04, 2006 4:19 pm

The Butcher bird is lovely.
The Finch with the red head is the European Finch - in my book.
I haven't seen any of those for years.
Emm

PreviousNext

Return to Pet Pics