My Mate

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

My Mate

Postby Dragon Lady » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:01 pm

Not mine but he belongs to the young lad next door and his name is Spike (the cat not the lad!). You may recall that on another forum I posted about this cat who had an unfortunate habit of using my garden as his toilet. Happily we have come to an understanding now and he goes elsewhere. Because I allow him to take refuge from the children in my garden and because I look after him if they go away, I am now considered to be his best friend.

They have been away for a few days and came back this afternoon. Last night I took pity on Spike and went and got him and brought him in here. He was in a mischievous mood and spent some time rolling on his back and biting at my pouffe.

I left him alone for a few minutes, in my living room and when I came back in he could not be found. I knew he could not have got out because the door and windows were all shut.

I called, I whistled but all was silent. I checked behind my TV unit, he was not there. I saw a bulge in the bottom of the curtains and I pounced - but no he was not there either. I checked under the coffee table and the dining table but there was no sign.

I wondered if he had managed to squeeze behind the settee - cats can be so thin when they want to. He was not there either. Then I heard a ding of his collar bell. I called and heard another ding but no cat appeared. I even wondered if he might have got behind my unit and peered through the gap at the back but no. I was still hearing pings at odd intervals and then I looked up, and there he was lying on the top of my unit (about a foot from the ceiling) and I swear that cat was laughing at me!
Attachments
Spike 1.jpg
Spike 1.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Maywalk » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:43 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I loved it DL.

He is a right little devil from what I have read about him in the past. Lovable though. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:58 pm

Cats are the very devil for laughing at you...but just try laughing at them when they fall off something, or miss what they were aiming for when jumping all over the furniture and its a sulk for hours!! :mrgreen: :rolleye11:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby dita » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:50 pm

That was a lovely one D L, what a little sweetie, Yes! He has a little grin on his face I am sure of that. :magnify:
dita

Postby Monsy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:11 am

He's cute....................

I would have handed him a duster while he was up there!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Return to Pet Pics