The mystery that is Thingy...

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

The mystery that is Thingy...

Postby megra » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:04 am

When she's conscious, she has taken to sitting at my feet and staring at me. I invite her up onto the sofa and she stays staring up at me. I ask her if she wants food or if she wants to go out and she stays staring up at me. I don't know what it means.

This, her more usual pose, I understand completely:

megra

Postby Maywalk » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:40 am

Aaaaawww Thingy is lovely Megra and evidently she has you tied up in knots or else you would not bother with her. :huffin: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby megra » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:10 pm

She has me wrapped round her little paw, so she has! She nags incessantly and very loudly; she manipulates and sometimes just makes me laugh out loud. She is a very old lady with a very checkered history. Nobody knows her exact age but it's certainly well over 20 years. She came to this sheltered estate as a stray, eventually found an owner who kept her till his death some ten years later. She stayed on as a stray, begging door to door. When I arrived just over a year ago, she had another old geezer vaguely looking after her but he wasn't very reliable and she soon latched on to me. I've never had a pet in all my life and I'm not sure I have one now. It's more like Thingy has a well-trained servant; moreover, I think she believes that she owns this entire estate and that all its inmates are at her beck and call!
megra

Postby Maywalk » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:37 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

She sounds a great character. She knows she has it made with you. :roll:
For saying you have never had a pet in your life you are evidently making a good stand in mum. :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby Monsy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:55 pm

She's staring at you like that because she wants a wee tickle! She's in fantastic condition for an old girl!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Emm » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:31 pm

Great photos Megra - and well done you. The cat obviously knows a soft touch.
:mrgreen:

Maybe you are using different words - ones which she does not recognise?
Even so, the international language for animals - is kindness - and that, she is getting.
Emm

Postby megra » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:56 pm

Here are some more Thingy pics:

megra

Postby Emm » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, she certainly has made herself at home, hasn't she.
:mrgreen:
Emm

Postby dejavou » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:26 pm

I wonder if she thinks of you as Thingy too ?? :rolleye11: She looks a wise old bird though
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby twinsmum » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:21 pm

Thingy looks lovely and content, does she like being cuddled
twinsmum

Postby Rowan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:30 pm

Lovely pics. :mrgreen:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby megra » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:17 am

twinsmum wrote:Thingy looks lovely and content, does she like being cuddled

Oh yes. She's a complete tart. But it has to be done on her terms. Sometimes she shakes me off petulantly. Other times, she'll roll over on her back, spread her legs demanding attention and with a lecherous expression on her face! She likes men more than women. She tends to be a bit wary of females until she gets to know them but when any of my male friends visits, she'll immediately take up sentry duty at his feet and look up adoringly. Cats, I've read, don't like staring as it's usually an act of aggression but boy does she stare and if you stare back she'll hold your gaze a very long time before turning away.

Uh-uh. Missee has found me and is sitting at my feet nagging me. Yeth, mithtress, I come... :rolleye11:
megra

Postby widget » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:55 am

She is gorgeous, when Widget [parrot] make his usual mess, chews my magazine, demands to be up with the sun, I say to him, 'behave or I will get a cat'
widget

Postby megra » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:08 am

widget wrote:She is gorgeous, when Widget [parrot] make his usual mess, chews my magazine, demands to be up with the sun, I say to him, 'behave or I will get a cat'

I'd offer to lend her to you but she's pretty stupid and I'm afraid won't do anything she's told - she hasn't even worked out that she can push her way through doors that are only slightly ajar; she just sits like a blummin' princess waiting for them to be pushed open enough for her to swan through. A frequent visitor of mine reckons she's got Alzheimer's! However, she doesn't chew things she won't swallow and she's not into magazines. Neither does she scratch much. She has never put a claw out at me in spite of me doing things like putting drops in her ears and she has only ever given the furniture a cursory scratching.

However, for a stray moggy she's pretty damned good and such a character and I shall miss her when, inevitably, she turns her paws up for the last time.
megra

Postby Dragon Lady » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:21 am

She's really gorgeous, Megra! As to cats staring at you - I think they do it just to disconcert you! :mrgreen:
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Return to Pet Pics