Couldn't resist this one!

Post your favourite pictures of your pet here.

Couldn't resist this one!

Postby wend » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Luckily I had my camera handy this afternoon when I spied Missy and Pebbles all snuggled up.

Missy has had a really tough time with her ears. The second operation has been done but this proved quite serious and at one point I was desperately worried that she wouldn't get through it.

I think it must be 6 or 7 weeks now that she's been wearing the bucket, bless her. She has now mastered a sort of "Hitler" walk which enables her to scratch her ear with her paw as she toddles along. It has to be seen to be believed!

Steve, I dread to think what the V.A.T. on this treatment is going to be.

Our vet told us today she was going on holiday next week. A world cruise I reckon, purely on our proceeds.
Attachments
CIMG6616.jpg
CIMG6616.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
wend

Postby Maywalk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:26 pm

Aaaaawwwww the poor little soul :sad:

I feel SO sorry for animals because they cant tell us what they are going through.
I hope Missy gets better soon.
I love the way the dogs are nutting up together. :mrgreen:
Lovely photo, its just caught them nicely.
Maywalk

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Poor wee thing.....looks right fed up.

As it happens Kito has had one of them buckets on for almost two weeks. His face was all swollen up and seeping puss. We and the vet think he was bitten by a snake...yes a snake.....in the back graden. He could hardly walk as it affected all his joints which aded to the snake theory.

He is much better now after £70 worth of anti biotics and a steriod jag.........vat paid!!!! His face is a right mess where all the puss was seeping our but his fur will grow back.......I hope.
Steve

Postby wend » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Awwww poor Kito...........incidentally does a steroid jag run on diesel or petrol?

:mrgreen:

If it was a snake he was lucky it didn't bite him in the mouth or throat.

Maybe you and me could approach our vets for a season ticket. :roll:
wend

Postby dejavou » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:47 pm

An expensive business having pets .... but worth it though, hope your friends are soon better Wend & Steve xx
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Emm » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:14 pm

Ahhhh, lovely photo Wendy.
Up this way 'buckets' are called Elizabethan collars. (Don't ask me why).

Funny you should say about the cruise. When we were with our last vet, he always seemed to go on holiday after I had finished treatment on one of ours.

Hope Kito is completely recovered by now, Steve.
Emm

Postby wend » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:18 pm

At long last Missy has had her collar removed. I was fearful she'd scratch herself silly and open up the wounds but she was a little angel and left well alone.

She no longer has the typical Westie ears (mind you, Pebbles never has had them!) but I think her new look is gorgeous (even if she does look like a sheep!).

Here's her and Pebbles playing bestest friends. Missy's on the right.
Attachments
7122small.jpg
7122small.jpg (55.46 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
wend

Postby dita » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:06 pm

They are lovely little dogs, bet it was a relief to have that collar removed.
dita

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:37 pm

Aaaawww Wend I am jealous. :sad:

I would love another dog but the family are against me having one now.
Mainly because they get worried about me because I cant walk as well as I could since my accident.

I am glad that Missy has finally got the collar off, it must have been extremely uncomfortable for her.

They are gorgeous.
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 pm

I missed this before - lovely wee dogs. I'm glad Missy is better now. I expect you'll have to take out a mortgage to pay the vet!! :roflmao:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby widget » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:11 am

Have you not got insurance wend?
one of my daughters dogs has been very ill, in hospital for nearly a week, the bill at the moment is almost £2,000, she is getting on fine now at home, still having treatment,
the limit on this insurance is £4,000.
widget

Postby wend » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:06 am

Morning Ann,

Yes we did have insurance but it did take a while for them to pay out, minus 15% excess. The application was done in my husband's name but we had forgotten that the original policy was taken out by his late wife. Despite him paying the monthly installments they wanted a copy of her death certificate as proof. A bit over the top in my opinion as the policy was being paid each month so what difference did it make? :dunno:

As for the final bill, although it was jaw dropping, this was the first time I'd felt we'd had pretty good value from a vet. It has been two major operations and months of treatment and at one time she was going in every day.
wend

Return to Pet Pics