Driving Miss Daisy.....

Tell us about your pet here

Driving Miss Daisy.....

Postby Josieclick » Tue May 02, 2006 7:41 pm

Daisy is a rescued dog who came to us over 12 years ago with many behavioural problems.

Here is just one incident....

I was at work as was my husband, leaving Daisy and our then Border Collie Toby at home..

My husband always broke his day by calling home sometime during the morning, but this particular day he decided he had left something at home he needed, so called earlier than usual.

On approaching our home he pulled into the drive and as he did so the sound of the smoke alarm became louder.. Realising there was a possible fire he rushed to the conservatory door where he could see smoke puthering out of the kitchen..

Frantically he tried to open the door but found he couldn't as the kitchen drawers were open which in turn had the door jammed.

He then scrambled on the floor scraping his arms at the same time and gently closed the drawers, only to find tea-towels, carrier bags and spent matches on the ceramic floor, all on fire!!! This was stamped on of course.. The flames had already caught hold on the sides of the door which is/was stained, so caught fire very quickly.

You may ask what has all this to do with Daisy...

Well Daisy, in her frustration of being left alone, had opened the bottom drawer of the three, emptied the contents which included a box of matches, and scratched at the matches, thus making a fire with the dry towels and bags!!!

Toby was shivering with fright and Daisy was howling the place down with possible anticipation of what was to follow....

Photo's are on my website,such as it is :oops:
Josieclick

Postby Rowan » Tue May 02, 2006 8:07 pm

Poor wee thing, she must have been terrified. Wouldn't have had a clue how it all happened either!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Emm » Thu May 04, 2006 4:35 pm

My goodness - how lucky your husband went home.
Here is the motto - keep matches out of the reach of children - and dogs named Daisy.
Emm

Postby Monsy » Thu May 04, 2006 4:37 pm

Good job your husband went home. That was a naughty dog. I hope you gave her a lighter, safer than matches............. :evil: :mrgreen:
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Return to Favourite Pet Story