Abbie the invinsible.....

Tell us about your pet here

Abbie the invinsible.....

Postby Josieclick » Tue May 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Abbie the invincible..

At work I was busy working away when suddenly my office door flew open... We had an air conditioned office for the computers and in rushed a friend and colleague, Kathleen, who asked me if I could help with a kitten she had just discovered at the side of the bins... Of course I agreed, asking her where it was.. She replied, "I've put it out on the grass outside, I'll get a box"

A few minutes later she brought in the biggest box she could carry, came to my desk leaving the box at my feet.... Well I have dealt with kittens all my life but not one newly born !!!

It couldn't have been more than an hour old looking more like a baby rat than a kitten, pink and about as big as a bar of soap, if that, squeaking hardly moving.....what to do???

I am a member of the CPL so I rang one of the leaders, she in turn put me onto another member who had a heat pad, so I rang her and then hit a snag... The kitten would have to be fed every hour on the hour for the next month at least, and could I arrange the kitten to be transported immediately to this lady with the heat pad.

My husband was called, he gets involved if I run into snags. He promptly took the kitten to Beryl, the vicars wife, who had the heat pad, and who was prepared to do the feeding.....

But here's where fate took a hand...

Another member, Christine, had heard of my plight and as she is wheelchair bound she decided to take the job on as she spent a lot of time trying to get comfortable during the day and night. So the kitten yet again was transported a couple of miles away....

The next paragraph is almost untrue,but it did happen.....

Christine who had many problems is a lady who really adores cats, so a couple of days later, after she had taken the kitten in, a stray heavily pregnant cat walked into Christine's home and gave birth to three kittens there and then.... Christine decided to blood our kitten with the afterbirth, the mother cat then accepted it as her own.

The kitten was then suckled and groomed by her adopted Mum.

The kitten stayed with Christine and her new found Mum for the next 8 weeks, along with her adopted brothers and sisters until we officially adopted her calling her Abbie..

She is now 12, never grown much, but she is a toughy by her very nature.

We also had a mention in the Cats newsletter.
Josieclick

Postby Rowan » Tue May 02, 2006 8:09 pm

That was almost a miracle Josie!! Lucky the pregnant cat arrived when she did.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Emm » Thu May 04, 2006 4:32 pm

No photo, Josie?
Emm

Postby Monsy » Thu May 04, 2006 4:35 pm

Well done Josie. That was quick thinking.............
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Return to Favourite Pet Story