The Hotel Bill

Jokes and funny stories

The Hotel Bill

Postby Maywalk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:13 pm

An elderly lady decided to give herself a big treat for her significant birthday by staying overnight in one of London 's most expensive hotels.

When she checked out next morning, the desk clerk handed her a bill for £250.00.

She exploded and demanded to know why the charge was so high. "It's a nice hotel but the rooms certainly aren't worth £250.00 for just an overnight stop without even breakfast."

The clerk told her that £250.00 is the 'standard rate' so she insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appeared and forewarned by the desk clerk announced: "The hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre which are available for use."

'But I didn't use them," she said.

''Well, they are here, and you could have," explained the Manager.

He went on to explain that she could also have seen one of the in-hotel shows for which the hotel is famous. "We have the best entertainers from Edinburgh , Glasgow , and Aberdeen performing here," the Manager said.

"But I didn't go to any of those shows," she said.

"Well, we have them and you could have," the Manager replied.

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, she replied, "But I didn't use it!"

The Manager was unmoved, so she decided to pay, wrote a cheque and gave it to the Manager.

The Manager was surprised when he looked at the cheque. "But madam, this cheque is only made out for £50.00." ''That's correct. I charged you £200.00 for sleeping with me," she replied.
"But I didn't!" exclaims the very surprised Manager.

"Well, too bad, I was here and you could have!!"

Don't mess with Senior Citizens!!!!!
Maywalk

Postby dita » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Lovely one Maisie :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
dita

Postby Monsy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Corrie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Thats a good one! :roflmao: Reminded me of a time I was staying in a Thistle hotel whilst training some people from another office. Work paid for everything of course and a few had stayed there prior. I'd been told "just sign the bill presented to you at check-out and all will be ok". Come the morning of check-out I checked the account presented for signature ........erm, no......I did'nt have champagne breakfasts every morning or order Chardonnay to the room ...I don't even drink!!!! Seems my firm had paid for this many times previously when they should'nt have! Thistle were never used again!
Corrie

Postby dejavou » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:37 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Return to Humour