Things to ponder

Jokes and funny stories

Re: Things to ponder

Postby daffyd » Fri May 18, 2012 7:16 pm

My pondering has led me to conclude thus.....

Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs (of Apple fame) Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash....
....now they have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash....are we all on the downward slope?
Yet we must remember the world is our oyster as long as we have the money to shell out.
All of this brings me to this question: 'What happens to all the money that is thrown down the drain?
Pondering about money, my wife had cosmetic surgery recently. It took ten years off her age and twenty years off my savings!
I know, I know, sour grapes make a dreadful whine!
I am sure that some people miss the message because they are too busy checking with Snopes.
Is celebrity talk just idol chatter?
I'm retired now but do you know it took a lot of hard work to make life easy!
A piece of advice, if your wife wants to drive, DON'T stand in her way!
I'm dieting, perhaps if I continue to lose weight I will get the 'No-belly' prize!

:sunglasses:
My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.
daffyd

Postby daffyd » Sat May 19, 2012 8:26 pm

To dream.....the impossible dream, I do it on a regular basis. No dimpled pillows just a comfortable chair and an absence of extraneous noise! Sit back close your eyes concentrate on that black interior and,......ponder!

Do those that kill time bury opportunity?
Now that they are cloning sheep, have they any udders in mind?
I find that raising children is like golf....you think you'll do better next time around.
As you rip so shall you sew!
Do you think an uphill struggle gives you summit to think about?
I am of the opinion that condoms should be worn at all conceivable times.
Are you aware behind every successful man is an astonished woman?
They say that early retirement is nice work....if you can get it!

daffyd

Postby daffyd » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh I love to go a 'pondering' along the mountain track, and when I've finished 'pondering' I write it down when I come back!

One should never dig their heels in unless they are on firm ground!
Does a seven day honeymoon make one weak?
It is said that marriages are based upon trust and understanding, but what happens when she doesn't trust him, and he doesn't understand her?
Have you noticed that some marriages turn into a triangle because someone didn't know where to draw the line!
I say, lead me not into temptation, I prefer to find my own way.
A little English humour here.... One should not protest their station in life or it could be their Waterloo!
Manslaughter is a terrible thing, women's laughter is even worse. (take your time with this one, you'll figure it out)
Have you noticed a terrible mess often starts with a spot of bother?
I have concluded that a skeleton in the cupboard is often a bone of contention.
You've done it, I've done it, but when all is considered self reproach is a waste of a good decision.
Father's Day! The race to buy a Father's Day present usually ends in a tie!
Man does not live by words alone, though sometimes he has to eat them. (I hope I don't have to.)

daffyd

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:54 pm

I love them, thank you cheers Penny
Penny

Postby daffyd » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Welcome to my fan club........

Seriously though.... have you ever taken time out to ponder? It is a most relaxing occupation, why just the other day I was concluding...........

I drink to make people interesting, because for me beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!
Matrimony..... think about it.... it is really a matter o' money...ask any divorcee!
Never marry a tennis player to them 'love' means nothing!
This perplexed me for a long while, in the end I gave up, but just what is an other word for synonym?
I have heard we live in a democracy.....as long as we do what we are told!
Our politicians promise to remain on their toes, (whilst dragging their heels)..... an incredible feat!
I have discovered that I am an insomniac......but I don't lose any sleep over it!
My wife said the earth doesn't move for her anymore, so I bought her a shovel and a barrow.
You see a person with a chip on their shoulder shows that their is wood higher up.
I told her it is no good putting your foot down when you haven't got a leg to stand on.
I noticed that Father Time waits for no man, but he is often persuaded into making concessions for women.
I am a legend..... a legend is a lie that has attained the dignity of age!
Beware... just because you have dotted the 'i' and crossed the 't' don't think you've sorted 'it' out!
I read somewhere that we are what we eat, my advice would be to avoid NUTS!
In conclusion it is well to remember that, a smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Till next time....

daffyd

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Brilliant again, where the dickens do you find them. Keep them coming. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby jessiejane » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 am

I have just been reading all these brilliant writings, to be hones I am totally amazed that there are so many, how on earth can you come up with so much clever stuff. Many thanks for them all, they are briliiant,every one. Jessiejane :rolleye11: :roflmao: :roflmao:
jessiejane

Postby daffyd » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Penny...Jessie.... mah thanks fer yer interest. We can all ponder, upon something we've seen, heard, or imagined. As we git older the more we have to ponder upon...... 'frinstance....

Old age is far better than the alternative.
In my case its no the bee in mah bonnet that am worried about, its the tilt in mah kilt!
You see on the Richter scale seis does matter!
It is better that you do your own thing, follow the herd and you'll end up in the manure.
When reading this keep a straight face and you'll be laughing.
Answer me this, is atheism a non-prophet organisation?
The truth lies somewhere between the rock of faith and the hard place of reality.
I digress as my mind wanders, is a TITLED insomniac a sleepless knight?
Shouldn't all children that are caught playing truant be taught a lesson?
If you have a breakdown on a motorway you'll only have a hard shoulder to cry on.
When all is said and done there is more said than done! IMO.
Take heed, if your father is a couch potato, make sure you aren't a chip of the old block.
As a parent I know it is hard to raise a family..... especially in the morning!
Without discipline, great oafs from little urchins grow!
In conclusion (for now) never trust a man who doesn't have a sense of humour, and be wary of a one who does.
Yabbadabbadoo!

daffyd

Postby daffyd » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 pm

There is a modicum of truth in my ponderings, it is like panning for gold, sift through and you could strike it rich......

Are you paying attention??????

Vanity arises from the delusion that someone (what on here?) is paying attention.
It is because people who think they know everything are a pain in the butt to those of us who do!
Now success does not come overnight..... but failure usually does.
My wife says she is multi-talented.... but in my view that only extends the scope for being wrong!
Di.... Gressing (Welsh you see?) Do the Welsh make cheese Caerphilly?
Do mountaineers after having climbed a high mountain find it good to Everest?
Another thing ....why isn't phonetic spelled the same way as it sounds?
The way you listen (read) speaks volumes!
Are obese people in grape shape?
Do you know many wise words are spoken in jest, but many more foolish ones are spoken in earnest (be careful)
Is dishonesty a lie ability?
Life's final score...... when brain stops play..... (WHAT?)
If a chef boiled some hyena bones would he be making himself a laughing stock?
Sports fans...a question... is the patron saint of football....... St. Off?

Finally for this session.... Take care....it may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others!

Last edited by daffyd on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daffyd

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 am

Brilliant again, thanks very much, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby daffyd » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm

I've often wondered if you wonder and what you wonder about
If you've ever succumbed and wondered why don't you give us a shout?

Have you reached middle age when all you exercise is, caution?
One advantage I find about growing old is that I no longer worry about dying young!
I discovered that the secret of life is honesty and fair play, if you can fake that you have a potential career in Government!
I see the Government has finally got our economy moving....... to India!
Careful, a critic is someone who goes along for deride!
Like most of the people who go for broke.....I haven't got far to go!
Ideas are just like children..... your own are wonderful.
I find that the nice thing about meditation (wondering) is that it makes doing nothing, respectable!
Ladies are prone to having 'out of body experiences'.....it is called child birth.
Now here is one to get you wondering, if a turtle does not have a shell, is it homeless or naked?

Answers on a postcard......

daffyd

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Love em, many thanks. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby daffyd » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 pm

You are welcome, it is good to share random thoughts, they can ignite that spark of imagination that is the embryo of creativity.......... :please:

However one should never stand on one's dignity.....there is nothing in the world so slippery.
So moving on I ask in a pondering fashion, when one loses one's teeth does life suck?
A puzzlement that haunts me is if smoking can kill how come it cures kippers?
Have you noticed recently that the rail fares have gone up.....AGAIN...there is always one train worth catching.... the gravy train.
An optimist (that's me) is like a kettle, up to its neck in hot water and still whistling. :rolleye11:
I've concluded (and I wouldn't want you to mention this) a problem shared is a gift to a gossip.
Women can drive you to distraction, but you have to walk back!
They say it can be a great life if you don't weaken, but I've found it can be an even better one if you do!

Ooooh! I've come over all weak...... :sunglasses:
daffyd

Postby daffyd » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:29 pm

I love to go a pondering down by the railway track, and after I've done my pondering, I meet myself....coming back!

Is poetic justice a hedgehog hibernating on an acupuncturist's armchair.....(Get my point?)
Is happiness a flea at Crufts?
The old Chinese proverb says, 'Many hands make light work' (but only if one of them is an electrician)
This will alienate a few..... Good women are like aliens, you hear a lot about them, but you never actually see one!
Inflation is when your nest egg won't even make an omelette.
Do transvestites like to eat, drink and be Mary?
I was told, 'Today is the first day of the rest of your life.' What on earth was yesterday?
A toast, a toast, ' May your troubles be like an old man's teeth, few and far between!'
A good tip on how to keep your kitchen clean...... "Dine out!"
Golf and sex are about the only two things I enjoy without being good at them.
You see it is not the pace of life that concerns me, its the sudden stop at the end!
The trouble with life is that you are half way through it before you realise it is a 'do it yourself' thing!
Married men should forget their mistakes, there is no use in two people remembering the same thing.

daffyd

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Brilliant, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Humour