Mental Hospital Phone Menu

Jokes and funny stories

Re: Re my post Mentall Health Phone Menu -Please Read

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:18 am

Well said Dita,I was just debating how to reply myself. Without a sense of humour we might just as well finish ourselves off. I make a joke out of anything and everything I can, ,believe me, I have had my share of woes but prefer to keep them to myself. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:47 am

Hey Penny have you noticed folk who have posted are ones we ain't seen for a while.
Maybe we ought to start posting some horrid posts, then we'll get some interest
in our Good Morning Thread. :)
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 pm

I did wonder Dita, if you look at the number of people who read our post yet don't bother to join in. Makes me wonder. Funny old world. I think it polite if you read just to say, thanks, or agree, or anything. Rather than sit back and write nothing at all,. No doubt we will get knocked for this one. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Mental Hospital Phone Menu

Postby Monsy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I had seen it before, I thought it was funny. We have few enough posters as it is, many of the ones here post the same stuff on different forums, now a new(ish) poster is being picked on for a JOKE!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Jann » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Monsy......You will agree we are entitled to our own opinion are we not ???? if we all agreed with everything that was posted it would be a very boring forum indeed,in fact I often wonder if this forum is too nice to attract new members....I will stick with my original posting and allow others to do the same,after all it is a democratic message baord is it not ???

We don't want a yes Maam, three bags full ,kind of thing do we,editied out my original bit ,my God we are getting tetchy ,must be the heat...over and out !!!!

Plus if it was a joke there is a joke section is there not ???
Last edited by Jann on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jann

Postby admin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I have decided this subject does not need two airings, by the way.so I have merged the two threads..and moved it to the right place. However, if you can't take dissent.....don't post stuff which is likely to promote dissent....or even better....post jokes in the place for Jokes and stop sticking everything in Anything Goes, and maybe they wouldn't attract so much response.

ciderman_nz wrote:
Andere Richtingen wrote:Here, here!
Thank you, Mazzy, for being the spokesperson for common sense!

Me too! Thought I was the only one on Lavonne's side.

It has nothing to do with taking sides, Michael....it has to do with different folk having different opinions. It may well be funny to the right person.....but maybe I'm the wrong person, as I did not think it was particularly funny. There is little funny, imo about stereotyping people without choice as to their mental condition...and adding groups like blondes and menopausal women at the end, could even be construed as saying they all also have a permanent mental condition requiring hospital support
admin
Busy Bee

Postby lavonne » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Thankyou to those who have stood up for me.I have had a lot of dealings with Mentally Handicapped people and have a great respect for them,I would never insult anyone.I will be very careful now what I post,Once bitten twice shy
lavonne

Postby dita » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Please will someone tell me, just who was being tetchy? Can only see different peoples opinions, is that being tetchy?
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:56 pm

No matter what one posts there is a chance of offending a section of the community. Should we talk about lawyers or second hand car salesmen or realestate agents or.....
My own mother was in and out of the psych unit and although she didn't technically commit suicide she shut down in the end and faded away.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby admin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:16 pm

:groaner:

Just act your ages, not your shoe sizes, people!

SAM_124 SAM_124 SAM_124 !!!!!!

THREAD CLOSED!
admin
Busy Bee

Previous

Return to Humour