Camilla for Queen?

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Postby Corrie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Northern Grit wrote:What a bunch of moaning minnies!
I look forward to King Charles and Queen Camilla. Long may they reign over us.

Me....moaning?.....never! Your up against someone else with Northern Grit in their bones so beware :hide:

You can have the pair of them reign on your parade, his lugs and her feet might cast a shadow on mine but I'll report them to the council for taking away my right to light and all will be well...........
Corrie

Postby Northern Grit » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:46 am

ciderman_nz wrote:
Victors Mate wrote:

Why?

I sort of thought that NG was being ironic.

Oh dear, my reputation seems to have overtaken my reality.

I actually like both of them, and I'm afraid I was being serious - there's a first for everything!
Northern Grit

Postby Northern Grit » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:53 am

Corrie wrote:

Me....moaning?.....never! Your up against someone else with Northern Grit in their bones so beware :hide:

You can have the pair of them reign on your parade, his lugs and her feet might cast a shadow on mine but I'll report them to the council for taking away my right to light and all will be well...........

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously....

I like the pair of them, and I look forward to their reign. Yes - really!

What would you prefer? King Billy and Queen Kate? Well, yes, I look forward to their reign too - if I'm still alive when they get there - but I wouldn't want to lumber them with the job at their age.
Northern Grit

Postby Victors Mate » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:49 am

The very idea that in a so-called democracy the ruler can be determined by which bed he/she was born in is an outdated farce.
Victors Mate

Postby Monika » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:57 am

Northern Grit wrote:

Seriously....

What is there to like? :roll:
Monika

Postby Corrie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Monika wrote:Northern Grit wrote:

Seriously....

What is there to like? :roll:

Not a single thing in my book, both lying cheating people. Wills has been groomed for some time and Kate did'nt marry him knowing it would be a doddle I'm more than sure. When the Queen is no longer I wish for them to take over her reign bypassing Charlie Juggerlugs and Godzilla.
Corrie

Postby Northern Grit » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Prince Charles has a lot of charities and trusts. The Prince's Trust does a lot for poorer communities.

Overall, I think he really cares for his country and its people. I look forward to his reign.

I don't know much about Camilla, but I couldn't stand Diana - so Camilla's an improvement in my eyes.
Northern Grit

Postby Victors Mate » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm

[quote="Northern Grit"]
I don't know much about Camilla, but I couldn't stand Diana - so Camilla's an improvement in my eyes.[/quote]

Should have gone to Specsavers.
Victors Mate

Postby Corrie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Everyone has an opinion, no right, no wrong, just an opinion, however, we will have to agree to disagree Northern Grit. You could'nt stand Diana, I can't stand Camilla, I will always feel Diana was like a lamb to the slaughter from the very beginning and both Charlie Juggerlugs and Godzilla were happy for it to be that way. I'd never want a lying cheat to be King or Queen and I hope I never see the day when that happens.
Corrie

Postby dejavou » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 am

I also like Charles, not too keen on Camilla, but hell, I don't have to live with her. I think Charles truly loves his country, which has for me to be the main criteria, and as for the marital infidelity, well who knows what goes on in any marriage, I for one wouldn't presume to judge him on that alone
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby dita » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:06 am

I feel the same as you Dej, and have avoided this thread because of it.
Charles has always had so much hammer, there is always someone gunning for him. Do any of us know him? we catch glimpses, read stuff in the papers.
Please dont judge a book by its cover, he was born into his life and did'nt have a choice. The women in his life no idea who they really were, or are.
Think this thread should be in the Bitching Thread :roflmao:
dita

Postby Victors Mate » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:25 pm

These are not feudal times much as Charlie boy would like them to be.

Charles: The Meddling Prince

While the Queen has always adhered to her constitutional role and kept her opinions to herself, her son has proved an outspoken and controversial figure. Charles has made his views public on a range of issues.

He has also entered debates on the environment, agriculture, architecture, education and alternative health remedies. But Dispatches has uncovered evidence that his public comments have often been backed up by lobbying and interference in political affairs that dates back to the year he became Prince of Wales.

Dispatches reveals the extent of the Prince's political lobbying with a former royal insider disclosing the frequency and regularity of letters he sends to ministers on a whole range of subjects.

One of the areas which Charles stands accused of most trying to influence is public health policy. His passionate belief in the benefits of alternative and complementary treatments has led him doggedly to promote this in Westminster. We reveal the serious worries of some doctors that Charles's interference could have had potentially dangerous consequences for patients. We also uncover the measures the Prince's office appears to be prepared to take to silence critics.

In contrast to how outspoken Charles is in relation to his political beliefs, there is concern that too little is known about his financial affairs. We investigate the management of the Duchy of Cornwall, the vast private estate which provides his main income.

According to his accounts, the Duchy paid the Prince a massive £14m last year alone. Dispatches has obtained documents which uncover the huge financial savings the Duchy makes, thanks to its unique ability to avoid avoid paying direct tax. We also report concerns about the Duchy's lack of financial transparency and complaints about the way some of its tenants are treated.

And while Charles is actively promoting his causes - there is concern that he doesn't always practice what he preaches. Dispatches examines claims that his extravagant lifestyle is often at odds with the principles he espouses and expects of others and questions whether his work as a public figure actually provides good value for money.
Victors Mate

Postby Monika » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:22 pm

According to a new book "Not in front of the Corgis" the three most disliked of the royals by the servants are Prince Charles, Camilla and Prince Andrew.

The book also says that Prince Charles has never dressed, nor undressed, himself and every time his shoes are taken off, a valet has to iron his shoelaces. :whut: (Probably the same poor begger who has to squeeze the royal toothpaste).
Monika

Previous

Return to Politics and News