Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a bright chilly day in Lincs, hope you bought plenty of birdseed before they raid the kitchen Penny, Dolly is looking forward to seeing you later. A window cleaner turned up in the village and cleaned for a new neighbour, he had a long hose which led into his van with the water supply and a brush on the end of hose which to clean the windows on, my OH went to ask how much he would charge --£13 he said, our is just an ordinary 3 bed end terrace house------do you think that is reasonable??? just wondering. Hope you are free of pain Penny, hugs from Dolly and take care all. :grouphug:
:please: :circle: :hi: :luck: Andere :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi Dolly. I think you should grab the cleaner. As we are a bungalow our charge is ,£9. Total. Didn't take long as all our windows are plain big ones. He won't be coming often as ours are months between so to help you out I would grab him. You will die first time, every where left wet then suddenly clear and shining bright. Tell him you just want to try it out as you are used to the old method, then you can cancel if you aren't.t satisfied. Would love to be there to see your face first time. Big hug for Dolly. Cheers Penny. Just back from Costco. Didn't.t overbuy this time, managed less than 100. Thank goodness. Mainly meat. Take care and let me know the outcome. Cheers Penny. Never know, might be a copy of my young chappie then we can have fun sharing both. :sunglasses:
:rolleye11:. OH just awoke and I checked with him. He says very fair.jump on the waggon. Seems we are cleaned three times a year but you may find twice is enough. :sunglasses:
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

£13 is very reasonable Dita. My (new) chap only charges £17 which is very good for a 3-bed semi. Most window cleaners in the area charge anything up to £32 for the same number of windows. He is happy to come in and do the extra large landing window inside for just a couple of pounds more.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:51 pm

I was jumping with enthusiasm until I heard from someone up the road that he hose-piped theirs with what looked like -plain water, dried them off with the rubber strip on the brush, took him a very short time charged them £13 and said he would see them in 5 wks. I feel a bit confused now, wouldn't mind paying for a good job but comparing the difference sure the windows wouldn't stay clean for 6 months. Also being an end Semi we have only 4 med size windows up stairs and 8 downstairs. Think I will wait and see how he goes on the next time he comes and then make up my mind, really don't mind paying for a decent job but he was in and out the village in 15 mins. So grateful to have your comments Penny and Vannin xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Sorry about that. It is Ironised water used (distilled). The same is used by our man including g a rubber brush to scrape water off. Up to you of course. Take care and have a good night. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 pm

:hi: Dita and everybody. Still getting on with it! OH is now making visible progress although I'm quite alarmed about the quantity he's not throwing out. He reckons he'll find or make space for all of it, however :thinking: . Still missing my puss!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Penny thanks I never thought about the ironised water or the fact that using it means your windows stay clean longer, have been looking into it a little more. We have decided that we may need to change our minds because as you and Vannin pointed out it could be a bargain. . Thanks to both of you xx take care xx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm

So pleased you are having a think. Should have added I expect ours is cheaper because we found him several new customers.. Should he put the cost up to the usual rate we would Still keep him. Have fun. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Penny and all, its quite a fresh sunny day I have had a game of Rugby earlier but as usual lost to a better player. Until about 6 months ago our windows were cleaned by the old bucket and wash leather method, it was actually you Penny who pointed out the new way which was almost unheard of in our neck of the woods------guess as what is said----us Northerners are behind the times :) (Waiting for sarci comments) :) Have been having a google and OH is now thinking about estimates, awaiting his results and once again I am grateful for the help you have given on the subject. Hi Andere so pleased you are ok, but my heart goes out to you over the amount of -come in useful junk your OH is guarding, mine has the whole small bedroom full of his useful junk and its supposed to be the spare bedroom???? Bet L Katt is missing you too, soon be over now and you'll be together again. Dolly sends big hug Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm

We had a window cleaner who used the same method as mentioned with the long rod and rubber thingy and my windows always looked smeary in the corners,so i canceled the chap.
Then we had 2 young fellas with ladders and put elbow grease into the job and windows looked good,they only charged 4.50 as we only have an up and down window and the front door,they couldnt get to do the back windows as havent a side entrance.
We now do them ourselves,well OH does lol.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi, all. I haven't yet murdered OH but I'm getting closer to it. He failed to find his plumber buddy so announced he's going to replace the loo cistern himself. I almost left with an overnight bag at that point. I've never understood why he thinks he can do plumbing. If Fred the Plumber tried his hand at complex electronic system design, OH would be the first to pour scorn on the notion. Anyway, all day to locate, purchase and fetch home a suitable cistern then a couple of hours of measuring, head scratching and muttering. Not helped by virtually all his tools being at the other house. At supper time, he announced that it should be done tomorrow! :tantrum2: Already, he's lost a day of his junk clearing time .. Why are men so bliddy arrogant and over confident in their own abilities? And why can they never concede it's time to call a professional?

Oh, and the repair shop called to tell me the cost of fixing the dryer. Gulp!! Might as well save the cost of shipping it northwards and just replace it with a new, energy efficient one.
Waaaaaaaaaaah!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Hellooooooo!!
Where is everybody? Hope my whinge from last night hasn't scared everyone away.
A grey but dry day here; OH still messing so the plumbing. I'm just trying to keep my big mouth shut and get on with some more packing and labelling.

Hope all are well and happy.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Dita and all, sorry to be late. You did not put us off Andere, we all felt we were behind you and would like to give OH a kick up the you know what. Sincerely hope you have a better day today Had an early call from son today, unable to lunch so I prepared bread for young chappie due at four this afternoon and then we went off shopping. As we were early OH decided we would come have lunch at home so that's what we did, I did lunch and cleared away, just removed bread ready for 4 p.m. and clocked on. So achey today I could scream. Had a little rain on the way back but sunny now, hope it stays the same for chappie. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for pussies. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi Penny and all, don't worry Andere you haven't scared anyone it is just the way the site is running. Penny and I have been determined between us to keep it going but its hard sometimes, never mind you keep popping in along with one or two more great folk so we think its worth it. Could be Penny has been out and about looking for bargains today, and if she is lucky having a chat with her lovely son. We've been M&S this morning I needed some new slippers and last Jan I was given £50 for my 80th BD, I bought some slippers and spent what I had left on the food counter :) Had a quick sandwich for lunch and now by public demand its doggie time --because she's worth it--she says :) Keep you patience and your pecker up Andere. Penny hope you are ok, I'll hopefully get back later, big Hug from Dolly and take care all xx :grouphug:
Ha Ha Hi Penny---half I have put can be disregarded now but who cares. pleased all ok
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Morning Dita and all. Weather fine so far but looking ahead doubtful. Do hope you are having an easier time Andere. Nothing planned today as a bit too stiff. If it's not one thing its another. OH playing trains and complaining about his cold feet. For once, I told him to put up with it, these things come with age. Funny how men are dying when they get a twinge. Wicked me....... Had a call from granddaughter last night along with a good giggle. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for pussies. Hope you are feeling better Dita, use one of the hugs to cheer yourself up. Take care all. Cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes