Hospital Apportionment Postponed.

Except Personal Attacks

Hospital Apportionment Postponed.

Postby laurie53 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:14 pm

After all my posts about our good weather, I've just had to cancel my 12.30 hospital appointment as my RVS driver can't make it through the snow!

They've given me another for Thursday at 10.15 so fingers crossed!

(NHS problems? What NHS problems?)
laurie53

Re: Hospital Apportionment Postponed.

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm

poor you. I hope sincerely your weather improves.good thing you were able to make another appointment so quickly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath, Laurie ....
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Penny wrote:poor you. I hope sincerely your weather improves.good thing you were able to make another appointment so quickly. cheers Penny

My weather's not the problem, Pehhy, blazing sun again today! We did have a brief flurry yesterday , the first for at least two years but only for about ten minutes. Not for nothing is the local area called "King James' Golden Necklace!"

It's my driver's weather that is the problem.
laurie53

Postby laurie53 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Well, got to my rearranged appointment no problem today.

I am now officially registered as "Vision Impaired", which sucks!
laurie53

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:35 am

Well, I'm glad you made it at the second attempt. You were more fortunate than many all over Europe.
Know what you mean about the "visual impairment" label. Living with any condition, you just kind of absorb it into your life and reluctantly accept it but 'official' registration makes it feel more "real" and intrusive, somehow. My BiL has recently experienced the changing of his registration from sight impaired to severely sight impaired (in other words, blind) and, despite having a couple of life threatening illnesses, this official recognition of his sight deterioration is what's distressing him most.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Brilliant, so pleased you made it. At least with the result if you run me down you can say you thought I was a lamp-post. Only joking of course, take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby lavonne » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 pm

I have had to cancel a couple of appointments because I had other appointments,each time the hospitals have been veryannoyed " Oh WHY cant you come "?Dont these people realise they may not be the only department to see a patient? ?
lavonne

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:11 am

As Sndere points out, there's a'ways somebody worse off, my stock answer when anybody asks me how I am.

My biggest concern is that as I live alone and am disabled and on various "vulnerable "' lists I'll have to accept some care and some loss of independence!

Still, if that's all I've got to worry about!

Better that than nobody bothered at all.
laurie53

Postby Monika » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm

It's good that you have a positive attitude to your chronic condition, Laurie. I wish that I could be the same. I have been suffering the nerve pain from Post Herpetic Neuralgia (following my shingles episode) every day since last May and, for some months now, I have been extremely depressed.

I seem unable to shake off the depression and find myself unable to stop bouts of crying which overpower me. Brian understands and says that it's hardly surprising, but I don't want to cry, don't want him to see me doing that but seem powerless to stop it.

I admire your attitude, Laurie, may it never abandon you.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:05 pm

I'm fortunate that my pain (spondylitis) is being pretty well managed at the moment, but by go'y it does drag you down.

There's no help with depression except medication. Those who tell you to cheer up, or say it will pass, or, worst of all, tell you to pill yourself together together
, have no idea of the black hopelessness of clinical depression.

When I found myself trawling internet suicide sites because I couldn't get the top off a jar of marmalade I knew I needed help, which luckily I got. That's depression.
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes