Haven't time to be ill, grrr

Except Personal Attacks

Haven't time to be ill, grrr

Postby Monika » Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm

This year, I will be 82 and, for the last 18 months, I've been ill; in January 2017 it was a two month chest infection, followed by 5 weeks well - and then it was 5 weeks shingles followed by Post Herpetic Neuralgia (because the bliddy shingles damaged my nerves and, apparently slow-crawl to recovery)

When you're this age, you really haven't the time left to be ill but, of course, this is just the time when most of us are.

I went out with my youngest son and d-i-l for a meal yesterday evening for the first time in 18 months. Then, this morning I've received an email from him saying how well I looked at last, so although I am still not yet out of the pain/soreness woods, I am now getting there.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Haven't time to be ill, grrr

Postby dita » Sat May 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Monika I understand exactly what you are saying, it is just the same for me. We seem to be fighting a losing battle---------and truthfully we are :) but I'm not giving in :) xxx...…..YET!
dita

Postby Penny » Sat May 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Fully agree, so pleased you managed a meal out with your son. Makes all the difference with something like that to think about. Son fixed my laptop so that we could watch Saracens so whilst I was clearing away lunch plates etc, I asked OH to go in lounge and put it on ready, should have known better now it is lost again. Have to wait for son to come and fix. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Monika » Sat May 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Thank heavens for sons, Penny :mrgreen:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby lavonne » Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 pm

I understand completely Monika,Im the same ,Im 81 &,this Blddy breathing has been ongoing for 6 mths,1st its this/ then its that Heart /Asthma/COPD, no one can decide.Now it s this blddy ulcer & vein removal,it took them 12 days to decide it was circulation & 13 days before treatment
lavonne

Return to Anything Goes