Blue Tits

Except Personal Attacks

Blue Tits

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:32 am

At breakfast this a.m. looked out and on the nut feeders was a Blue-tit , pointed it out to OH and believe it or not, another 8 came and started feeding. We were so thrilled, kept saying because they were the first ever to breed in our box the mother had brought them all to see us. Never ever seen more than 2 or three together on the feeders. Expect You think me crackers but at least started the day with a smile. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Re: Blue Tits

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:27 pm

Don't think you're crackers, Penny. I'm just jealous. My nest box hasn't been used for about five years.

A few years ago we were sitting in the sun having a pre-prandial sherry when we both exclaimed on seeing our first butterfly or the season.

Our joy was short lived as a blue tit swooped like a hawk and carried it off!

Nature red in tooth and claw!
laurie53

Postby twin1947 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:04 pm

We have a big tub of bird seed and we are trying to get the birds to come and eat it,they go in the neighbours garden,but we also have seagulls to contend with,also we have parakeets which make nice noises.
twin1947

Postby dita » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Our Cockatiels do not bother our wild birds and we have a seeder fitted onto the Aviary very near the wire where they can clearly see each other.
dita

Return to Anything Goes