Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Baking hot, sunny and no breeze today so feeling a bit wiped out by it all. Busy preparing for the holiday . We leave on Friday but likely to be a bit fraught tomorrow with packing, cattery, etc so please don't expect to see much of me hereabouts until after we get back on 15th. :sunglasses:

Glad you had a(nother) good lunch, Penny. I'm looking forward to loads of good meals that I haven't cooked. I read in the press today that the hot weather is bringing loads of jelly fish to the beaches and some of them have a nasty sting - so take care Maggie, Twin, Monsy & Laurie and anyone else who lives near the sea and don't go paddling without your water shoes on!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:01 am

Morning everyone, hope all are keeping cool. Very hot and humid here with no breeze. Hope you have a super holiday Andere, did you mention where you were going. Do hope little one can find some shade. How is everyone with breathing probs. Was about to start making marmalade but daughter just arrived for a chat. that's that. Son and family off to the lakes tonight for a whole weekend of camping and water skiing. Lucky devils. Hope everyone has a good day, take care. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. cheer Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Hello everyone, very hot in the sun but there is a breeze which makes it cooler, for me that is good. Been to our very small Asda because it is much nearer to us than the large one, they hardly had anything compared to usual and the dates weren't brilliant either, this very unusual?? Have a great holiday Andere, do hope L K doesn't miss you too much. My son would love to be with your son water skiing and camping Penny, he was telling me the other day that taking lads for Kayak instructions is one thing he misses since being out of the army. Dolly and me are off in the garden now, Take care everyone.
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Andere and Mr Andere, have a good holiday. Tomorrow is also the day Trixie resumes having injections for her allergy after the past three years (seasons)when I tried her unsuccessfully on alternatives. I hope to have better news to pass on. :please:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:55 am

Good morning everyone.It is so hot outside,I have just got back from the co op.Am back out in it at 1.30ish to get a bus to go to Logan's school fair.It won't be a long time with him as its only on for 30 mins.Take more time getting there and back.At least its a nice day for a bus ride.

Hope Andere has a lovely holiday with nice weather too.Lets hope Trixie gets on ok with her injections. :bighugs:

I had a awful nights sleep lastnight,hope tonights is better. :roflmao: I was still wide awake at 12.30.My little brain would'nt close down. :banana:

I have been doing what Andere said about putting a water bottle in the freezer then into your bed.It is lovely and cool that way.But lastnight the bed felt wet as if bottle was leaking so that didnt help me to nod off :mrgreen: either.

All enjoy the lovely weather but sit in the shade be better.
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello everyone, its hot again outside when in the full heat of the sun, the House Martins in our eaves are fledging and the mess they are making on our window and kitchen windowsill is not to be sniffed at?? they are brilliant at aiming I know that. Hope you are ok Penny, little Dolly is asking about you. Take care everyone.
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:17 pm

afternoon everyone, seem extra hot today, mainly my fault. Son has decided to share my marmalade so running out quickly. Made a batch before lunch and then had baked potato with chicken and Chilli Masarta ??? . No one about, reaily is too hot to even sit in the garden. Hope Dolly manages to find a cool spot. , cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:23 am

Is football really coming home??? so much going on today its almost paranoia. A little taste of your marmalade on a bit of toast would be nice Penny. Been looking at my Dads scrap book, he was Mayor of his town in the 70's but how the place has changed since then-----not always for the better?? Big hugs from Dolly and take care all .
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 am

Hi all, weather so hot all curtains closed again. quite right about the seventies, I bet he wouldn't even dream of becoming Mayer now. Will save you a jar Dita, looks like I will have to make some more, Out of eight only 5 left I expect everyone is watching football today. I am hoping to catch Silverstone today ready for big race tomorrow. I bet Logan will be a little too hot to play outside, like Dolly, need a cool space today. Big hugs to all. Take care, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:28 am

Good morning was too hot to sleep so up at unearthly hour of 7am. :roll: .It is still hot now.

Logan had his first trip to France yesterday on a boat,they took him to the beach and some water fountains in the town.He loved that as he was running in the water.

We are meeting up with my sister today she has come to Kent for a weeks holiday.We are going to meet up as a family for the afternoon/evening.The weather is good for a garden party.

Have a lovely relaxing day everyone,sit in the shade. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:07 pm

How lovely, so pleased for you. I hope you all enjoy the get together. Darling little one, great to hear of him having fun. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello everyone, my Dad certainly wouldn't relish the thought of todays politics or all the other stuff which is ongoing Penny, will see if I can find a pic from that time. Would have loved to see little Logans face enjoying himself on the boat and all the other stuff you all got up to Maggieh, talking about Kent and holidays makes me think of a couple of places there including Dymchurch :) That marmalade is a one off Penny, talk about flavour Yum!!. Its been a bit too hot for football for Dolly and me the last couple of days too. Big hugs from us both and take care all.
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:19 pm

2nd attempt. So very hot again, wonder if it will soon cool. OH said Japan has just had a crippling downfall of rain causing demolition and damage. Hope it is not on the way here. Watched a bit of Silverstone motor racing this pm. Anyone ever been there? I ent about three times several years ago, don't think I would bother now. Saw an old friend broadcasting, haven't seen him for years, last time was when he lunched here. Sorry it is too hot for Dolly and little ones. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:57 pm

This says the cooling-down will start on Tuesday!
http://www.itv.com/news/2018-07-08/brit ... onditions/
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks for news vannin. Morning all, very hot again. nothing planned due to heat and also terrific back-ache. Any suggestions folk. Do hope dolly and little ones are coping, must be dreadful covered in fur in this heat. Wonder how Andere is enjoying her break. I hope all with chest pains are on the mend. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes