How are you handling the heat?

Except Personal Attacks

Re: How are you handling the heat?

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Thick overcast this morning, nice strong breeze and low teens forecast so took a chance and went out.

23 degrees within the hour and back in bed exhausted by 2.00!
laurie53

Postby lavonne » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Most people plus myself are finding this heat a killer,its so humid and airless especially at night,I cant sleep ,spend my nights im my recliner chair down stairs,sometimes watching tele,sometimes ,if lucky ,dozing
lavonne

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Cooled quite somewhat here. Out for lunch with son,granddaughter and grandson. Not at all over heated Tonight, OH thought he felt a few drops of rain. but nothing more, No doubts about a change again.
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Well , I'm up and dressed for only the second time in a week, and absolutely jiggered.

With 70 deg plus forecast as far as the eye can see it doesn't look good.
laurie53

Postby Monika » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:42 pm

I'm well and truly sick of this awful weather, Have now been suffering from swollen feet for the past 3-4 days to add to my other problems so I sent for a Dyson pure cool which is to be delivered tomorrow.

I have read excellent reviews on it,so am hoping for some real relief from the worst problems.

Has anyone on here bought one ? and, how do you rate it?
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:21 pm

I haven't got one Monika but I would consider getting one after hearing your opinion on them.

I can't stand this heat - not for a long spell like this. It's making me depressed & lifeless..
caroljoyce

Postby laurie53 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:48 am

Our first few drops of rain today so a bit cooler, but forecast to be back at 21 degrees on Sunday so only a brief respite.

I had to go out for medicine yesterday, but it knocked me up and I was back home in bed by 2.00. I'll be getting bed sores at this rate!
laurie53

Postby maggieh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Thank goodness it is a lot cooler today and now it is trying hard to rain. :mrgreen:

I have also had swollen feet for the pass few days,must be heat related I hope.
maggieh

Postby Monika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Carole - I'm so glad to know that someone else is feeling the same as I do, i.e. depressed and exhausted and I'm not just being miserable.

Laurie - I would love to be living in a temperature of 21 or 22; I can't remember the last time we had 21 degrees and it is nowhere to be seen for at least another 14 days here in Nottingham and on this coming Monday, it is forecast to be 29 (oh joy!) I feel great sympathy for you, Laurie, when I read your posts and the daily problems you have to overcome. Honestly don't know how you keep so cheerful :grouphug:

Maggieh - I also hope it is the weather alone which is causing swollen feet, but I have not had the problem before. It's so bad that, on Wednesday I had to go to our local Clark's outlet to get some shoes which will be far too big when the weather cools and, indoors, I'm wearing just socks or bare-footed most of the time.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:59 pm

It's not just you two, Monika & Maggieh. Whenever the weather gets hot and humid for more than a couple of days, my ankles swell and have done since i was in my 30s. It's worse if I'm on my feet a lot (sightseeing on holiday last week was a very mixed pleasure!) and if i don't get the opportunity to spend at least some time with my feet up. If I'm lucky, they shrink down overnight but, when it's this hot, not always. So far as I'm aware, I have no circulatory or kidney problems and I'm on diuretics anyway for other reasons so the only cause appears to be heat/humidity.
I've certainly had quite enough of this heat now and long for a gentle breeze and about 19 or 20 degrees!
Andere Richtingen

Postby laurie53 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Monika

It's all relative, of course. My son is complaining about the cold in Sydney, currently around 21 I think!

As for my outlook, there are plenty, some on this forum, who would gladly change places.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Its cooler today BUT still ruddy muggy and I keep having bouts of fighting for my breath. I have to sit down after doing small chores until things calm down.
I had to go to have my pacemaker checked last Friday and they were more concerned with my terribly wheezy chest than the pacemaker and asked me to call the doctor when I got home.
I said I would just to appease them but didnt, mainly because I dont want to finish up in that sodding hospital again being given the wrong meds like they did last time as well as mixing my medical notes up with someone who had thyroid problems. :evil:

Just been messaged by someone who has had a large crack appear in her kitchen wall.
She has contacted her insurer but they cant send anyone until the 1st of August because there have been one or two claimants contacting them with the same problem.Could it be due to this heatwave do you think?
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Monika wrote:
I sent for a Dyson pure cool which is to be delivered tomorrow.

Have you tried it yet Monika?

They're so expensive but worth it if they make a big difference.
caroljoyce

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 pm

just started to rain here. supposed to last for 12 hours. cooling down already. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:47 am

I've had another awful night - woke up in a sweat at 5.30.
Monika I can't wait to hear how you got on with the Dyson cooler. :)

I'm off to Skegness for a few days. Hoping it will be cooler with the sea breeze.
Have a nice weekend everybody.
caroljoyce

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes