Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi Dita and all. I think M & S food is very good but I cannot get there.So I have to rely on Sainsbury's Hope you are on the mend Dita, take care and big hug for Dolly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm

While I was catering for more than just myself on Christmas Eve, we had a delicious meal of Charlie Bighams Cottage Pie from Waitrose. Two pies for four servings. I usually avoid ready-made pies but I now also avoid buying minced beef as I have been disappointed in fatty and/or tough content.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm

I agree, Waitrose pies etc are very good. Not near enough for me to pop in. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm

We cannot get to M&S either Penny, as you know we live out in the sticks without a bus service etc. My OH not always fit to drive so odd times an expensive taxi is the option which was how we got the food mentioned. I get online for grocerys and rely on Tesco. Good to see you Vannin, hope you are ok now. Never been to a Waitrose :) . Hope you ok too Penny------heres a hug from you know who :) Take care xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Good afternoon.I like Marks and Sparks food too,can get some nice ready made meals there.Our nearest one is a bus or car ride away.

Nice to see you popping into see us Dita. :mrgreen:

Been a quiet day here for me today.Done a couple of chores.

No noddy today until next week.

Have a nice evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Just a quick visit. Sorry for long silence; OH and I both went down with this horrible flu thing that's going around. Thought it was just A cold at first but much nastier so been taking turns to make tea and keep LK fed then going back to bed. Both improved a little today but feeling really weak and feeble with vile cough ...

Dita, I hope you're making progress? Ok, I know you don't want to talk about it but we all worry about you. :bighugs:

All this talk of pies ... I used to enjoy those Bigham's steak & pepper pies that came in their own little white ramekins. Stupidly expensive but good for a treat. I'm not sure if they're still made but will check next time I'm shopping. We haven't felt like eating all week, lots of "iffy" stuff to be chucked out now :sad:
:grouphug: to everyone. Back when the guy's gone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:33 pm

So sorry Andere. Do hope you and OH recover quickly. At least you are somewhere out of this cold and dull weather. Stay in bed and keep warm. You can eat whatever when you are better. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Morning all, lovely sunny day and not so cold today. Hope all are on the mend Just been for a quick run to the bank after yesterday's fiasco. Baked a couple of loaves, fed the birds and now getting ready for lunch. might pop out to see the birds and boats this afternoon. Take care all and big hugs for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Sorry to read you are still suffering Andere whose worst off you or hubby. :mrgreen: Keep warm and get better soon.

Funny old day here weather wise,sun was out a while ago but now its fine rain.Another day indoors for me no reason for it though.Saving my energy for seeing Logan. :roflmao:

Not so cold indoors today although I have got some heating on this afternoon for a change.

Hope you enjoy your ride out this afternoon Penny.

Nothing exciting to say today.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Morning all, hope everyone is keeping well and warm. Miserable and dull here so far. Didn.t get our run out yesterday. Asked OH and he said, not today, we will do it tomorrow. Hence the bad weather today. So another miserable day in. Hope the TV is more interesting today. Fed up with repeat after repeat. Anyway, Have a good day all and keep warm. Hope you and OH are on the mend Andere. Big hug for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Good afternoon its a cold one down here.Was rather fresh when I took myself to the shop today.Doesn't look too good out there now.

I carried a big 2 Litre bottle of sprite back from the shop and up a lot of stairs my poor lungs needed a squirt of inhaler. :sad:

Don't forget dancing on ice tonight Penny.Its on so early though 6pm.We get to see the other 6 dancers tonight.Then skate off. :cry:

Have a nice restful afternoon.Games afternoon for me.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Two litres very heavy and worse in the cold, and with stairs after walking with it. I think the Dancing on Ice looks more promising than their last series when I only watched the first and second programme, bored by both of them. Waiting to see Brian McFadden who used to be a big show-off in his long-ago days with Westlife, but simmered down a bit when he left them.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Looking forward to seeing the Skating this evening. TV is very boring these days so hope tonight will liven it up for an hour. Watching snooker at the moment, now, why do they wear black all the time. I used to love it when they wore a black suit with white shirt. Another question,. why are so many young men now sporting beards.,even the chappie on the One Show has started to grow one. Makes most look so rough I now turn off. Nothing like smartly dressed men on the screen.cheers . what do others think.????Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:40 pm

I vote No.6 to win. Good programme only complaint, like Come Dancing, Too Much Background noise.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Rather chilly out today.I saw a bunch of younger chaps this morning working down the road,they are laying new pipes for water board.They were all wearing long trousers Penny. :mrgreen:
They have their own canteen with them,need to in this cold weather.They are the guys working through the night while we should be sleeping.

Done the normal chores today and been out.Thats enough for today.

I had a new Fire HD tablet for xmas but it is taking ages to charge up.Will look again soon see ifs nearly done.

Hope Dita and Andere are on the mend now.Take care everyone.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes