Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Quite right Dita, I saw the machine working but when they used it
The bloodpressure just went mad, right up then right down. They found the machine was out of order so that meant another phone call and another half hour before their machine was replaced. Just one of the things that went haywire. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi everyone. I understand now Penny, a bit of an odd thing to happen but they do, we are all susceptible to unavoidable circumstances, one of my friends was one of the first lady ambulance drivers in our town, this was the late 70's.
I do hope he is feeling a little better today, also, you look after yourself too , young lady xx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks Dita, daughter phoned seems he is still in hospital until then can sort out his medication and then hopeflly to a keep fit place for a couple of weeks. son been and fixed gadgets everywhere so that I can see who is on the phone and at the door without getiing out of my chair. Pity weather is dull. I hope you and dolly are able to get the game of football in the garden. Did you find anything about the cleaning company yet. Take care and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi Penny, Your husband does sound a little improved, you are lucky to have such a helpful son to sort you out too. Have not managed to get in contact with the cleaning company yet, but have written down the details, thanks. Could do without the soccer today really, but.......??? Take care of your self xx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks Dita, Daughter just sent message, Hubby is still on the ward but she said its impossible to get thro' on the phone so we are leaving everything until tomorrow. You take care now. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Penny, just hoping you have managed to get some better news today of your husbands condition. Take care of yourself xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Well, what a morning. Had lady from secuity firm in putting alarms for me and hubby in case we fall, have to wear one round my neck or wrist Then daughter came and showed me this modern device I can use because we are not allowed in the hospital due to the virus. I ring a certain number on my mobile and would you believe it is like a television. I could see and hear and talk to hubby and he could see and talk to me. He is hoping to go to a special place for two weeks where they make him exercise every 15 minutes. Seems he has a wonky valve in his heart and one of the tablets the doctor took him off were the right ones and he has been put back on them. I just cannot believe all this modern stuff. Keeping fingers crossed now. Hope I am not boring you but it sounded so unreal I have to keep telling myself I am not dreaming. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Wow! Penny, that's this modern world of progress, and how ruddy complicated it all is, my mind just boggling trying to understand what you put about this video thing you are using ?? My Grandson who lives in Belfast is always trying to get me video chatting with his new wife, she is lovely, but I keep putting it off cos I dont want to embarrass myself or him.
Anyway it sounds that your hubby is well on the way and will soon be with you., take care xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Glad to see your hubby is improving penny,now you should enjoy having a rest too and take care of yourself
Those alarms are very good,just remember to wear it all the time.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks both. This modern stuff takes a bit of getting used to. I have a little box about 6 x 4 inches next to my chair and all I do is say a special name and say ring whoever and up comes the person I asked for and we can just sit and chat and see each other. Just been called by my son and g/daughter. Fabulous. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 pm

I got my pendant alarm a year ago. Not had an emergency to use it yet and am not so good now about wearing it. The first few months, I had it around my neck every day, and tested it out once a month buzzing the control centre, as instructed. Then by about Easter, I was told I didn't have to test it out any longer.
Nowadays I forget the pendant is there and only occasionally put it round my neck. I know this is silly and defeats the object. Started using Skype but there is a lot of interference, both picture and sound.

The other thing that has lasted a year, by coincidence is.....my last fall with fractures was nearly a year ago. None of my falls happened at home but were all in public places!! The reason I am better on my feet now when I go out, is because I always use the walking stick I have had for 9 years, and probably would not have fallen if using it before the past year, so would not have caused the broken wrists and ribs and the head injuries. :oops:
Take care everybody especially Penny, and stay safe. Love and hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me. xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:41 pm

A friend who is the only long life time one I have left is 90yrs old, we can only communicate by phone because she is not familiar with using a computer, but the fact she had a stroke some years ago was offered one of those pendants and got one speaks for itself, she too lives alone but her Grandaughters are really good and do shopping etc. for her. She keeps trying to encourage me into getting one, I keep putting it off, now you got me thinking again.. She still lives in the town we were both attending school in, I live 15 miles away from there now. Take care everyone and Love and hugs to Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Good morning Dita and all, I too have only one lifelong friend left - born in the same year - and she is one of the only people I know who still write letters - proper ones, not 'round robin'. Mostly these are at Christmas, and a couple of phone calls in the year. Remember when letter-writing was the done thing? The letters I write back to her, I feel, don't quite do justice, including the actual writing - mine has gone way downhill, typing is easier.

I bought a finger splint but can still handle keyboard because it is not a forefinger. My trigger finger is the third on right hand so I am not stuck like Maggie, assuming hers is a forefinger. The problem is keeping the splint and its latex cover dry, especially showering/hairwashing.

Penny, I hope you have better news of your hubby and that he is more comfortable now. I hope you feel all right yourself after a mixed weekend, especially getting used to the new bed. Take care of yourself, and thanks for the verses! :bighugs: Dita, Trixie and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly. :bighugs: xxx :bighugs: :grouphug:
Last edited by vannin on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm

What a weekend. Son and Grandaughter came on Saturday to bring to bring some shopping. I happened to mention I didn't like one of the meals and g/daughter said, I will fix that. Sunday call from son, be ready by 11 you are out for lunch. He collected me and we went to his place where he was cooking roast chicken. He is a super cook so I sat down to wait and then he put on videos of all the children of his and my family when they were babies. So instead of a quick lunch he didn't bring me back until 4.30. Then he was here until 9.30 fixing the whole place up with gadgets to keep me safe including a camera to film anyone coming up the drive I don't even have to leave my chair or bed, I just say a special word and on go all the lights and a call is made direct to my son. S0me of this modern stuff is fantastic, Seems hubby is still in the hospital, not been transferred yet. Daughter tried to call but the TVcall does not work until afternoon. So apart from all this gadget stuff, am back to square one. Thanks for asking vannin, very kind of you. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Good afternoon Vannin and everyone, Your post about writing letters tells me I have left someone out of my list of friends left, she was originally a penfriend in the early 60's and before I had heard of a computer. We had a penfriend club and used to write to each other and publish it-all handwritten by one of us each month and post it on to another person, as we received and read it, we would read it, write our answer to it then send it on by post to whoever was next on the list. There is only the two of us now still writing to each other and communicating now again, but I feel we are still good friends, and we did meet a couple of times during those years, she lives quite a long way from me.
Trying to read this back and understand what I mean, is going to be a challenge for you Vannin-------sorry.
I do hope your husband is doing well Penny, this will really help your health too. You are very lucky to have such a caring family. Take care Penny, Vannin and Trixie Love and Hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes