Soooooooooooooooooo .....

Where to start a debate on items relating to law and order.

Soooooooooooooooooo .....

Postby e » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:25 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]That naice Mr Cameron thinks teenage criminals wandering around in 'hoodies' are merely trying to blend in :roll: and he feels that they should be shown more love and understanding by us ....... :rolleye11:

What happened to punishment and does it still exist because recent figures have shown, allegedly, that the Courts are ineffective.

I'm beginning to despair......... :sad: [/font]
e

Postby widget » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:40 am

I agree 'e', as one old lady said to me once, she was glad she was on her way out of this world and not on her way in it,

My son has been a Prison Officer for 15 yrs and at the moment he is in a Young Offenders Prison, he can't wait for a transfer, he would sooner be at Broadmoor than try to look after these hooligans, all they are doing is planing which 'grow-up' prison they fancy,
widget

Postby dejavou » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:40 am

Perhaps Mr Cameron, should come and live on my street, see how he likes being waken at all hours when these little arses are visiting my next door neighbour, who's the local drug dealer ..... see how much love he feels they need then :please:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Monsy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:05 am

My daughter had to move when she lived next door to the local drug dealer. She's fearless, and would have a go at anybody. but she knew what would happen to her cats, her windows etc. so she chose the quiet life!
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Postby Rowan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:42 pm

I just have a go at them myself. Worked so far - they are all terrified of the wee :twisted: devil wummin!

I was annoyed to hear on the news though of this extradition thingie between the US and the UK - fine if it works both ways...but apparently it only worksto extradite FROM the UK!! :evil:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby megra » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:42 am

I used to work in a part of Brixton that was known as the drug dealers' patch. It was a street away from the police station and was overlooked by CCTV cameras. The police rarely bothered the dealers and I assumed that was because at least they knew where they all were. Of course, we didn't know all this when we moved into these offices.

Our front door was the only one on the block that was recessed and, of course, the dealers chose this particular doorway to do all their deals. The offices had been empty for about 18 months when we moved in so they weren't used to having their deals interrupted which, after our arrival, they were all the time by people coming and going.

We had an intercom and camera on the door and one day one of our work experience people was in general office watching deal go down on the monitor. He picked up the intercom receiver and shouted "BOO!!!!" down it at the top of his lungs. Dealer and customer leapt in the air and scattered! Very funny.

Another day, I was going down the stairs to the front door on my way out to lunch and saw, through the glass door, two guys obviously intent on a deal. For a moment, I wasn't quite sure how to negotiate this but decided to be bold. I opened the door and said in my politest voice, "Excuse me, please." The dealer half turned and replied, "Oh sorry love," as he and his customer stepped aside to let me through after which they concluded their transaction.

It seemed to me that the dealers knew they were there on sufferance and if they put a foot wrong all kinds of shit would be heaped on them. I never found any of them to be anything but unfailingly polite to us, our clients, the local tradesmen and the shoppers.

Now, I know that this is far from being how it is everywhere but I thought it would interest you as another side of the coin to the usual tales of violence and corruption. If I had ever seen one of those guys dealing to children, I'd have shopped them in a heartbeat but my attitude was that their customers knew what they were buying and it wasn't up to me to be their moral and legal guardian.
megra

Postby Emm » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:57 pm

Well, by what I gather, drug dealers come from all walks of life.
My brother lives in a very posh area - and they are out there, too.
Emm

Postby maggiesaes » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:25 pm

One local to me just got 20 years for drug dealng and money laudering.
He fled the country when things got hot but was finally captured and tried on the continent-he probably wouldn't have got that sentence over here.
He had children himslef too.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
MaggiesaesImage
maggiesaes

Return to Law and Order