Flog It

Put your suggestions and ideas for improving the forum here.

Flog It

Postby standeasy » Sat May 20, 2006 5:35 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]I have just been watching Flog it on BBC2 which I find fascinating, I wonder if anyone else does? I see also that there is an edition to be filmed at the McDonald Castle Hotel in Windsor on June 6th which is right opposite the Town Hall (where Prince Charles and Camilla got married) and wondered if any forum members lived near enough to go. I am thinking of going, and taking my Mother in Law, do you think I would get much for her? :please:[/font]
standeasy

Postby Emm » Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

:mrgreen:
Depends what age she is, Standeasy. Is she classed as antique?

Yes, I sometimes watch Flog it, when I remember.
They have been doing repeats on Freeview, too.
Emm

Postby Maywalk » Sat May 20, 2006 7:40 pm

I love it when I remember to watch it Stan.

Talking about mother-in-laws although this was my own mother that it was aimed at, here is a little story from many years ago.

My parents used to live in an upstairs flat of an old Victorian House in Peckham during the 1960s.
My hubby and myself had gone to visit them and stay overnight. As we were about to leave to go home a bloke came to the door and my father came down with us to make sure the door was properly shut after we left.
My dad asked the bloke what he wanted. The answer was antiques.
My father shouted up the stairs to my mother "MILLY!!!!Theres a bloke here looking for antiques so hurry up and get yourself down here. I paid 7s/6d for a licence when I married you and I might just get the bleeding money back."
Hubby and myself could see the funny side of it so could the bloke standing there but my mother was rather straitlaced. She hollered down to my father "Dont be so bloody cheeky you old git. You just wait till you come back up here."
WE were rolling up as we made our way back to the station.
Talk about Alf Garnet and his silly moo :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Maywalk

Postby standeasy » Sat May 20, 2006 9:49 pm

Yup really liked that one your parents had my kind of humour, and Emm, she will be 92 in July and she still cuts up logs with a chainsaw, ( naturally I treat her with respect :please:
standeasy

Postby Maywalk » Sat May 20, 2006 10:05 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: AT STANDEASY :roflmao: :roflmao:
Maywalk

Postby dejavou » Sat May 20, 2006 10:22 pm

Obviously a sensible chap Standeasy :banana:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby Emm » Sun May 21, 2006 5:47 pm

I bet you do.
:mrgreen:

I think she probably would qualify for Flog It, then.
Emm

Postby dita » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:49 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: Your Dads dry humour and Standeasy's just had me rolling with laughter. I like Flog It. Quite like my mum-in-law, do not think I would get much anyway, she is too nice. :roll: Got to say that or she might hit me, you never know who's reading this thread????
dita

Postby Monsy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:31 am

I don't watch "Flogit" but the thread's funny! :roflmao:
Monsy
Silly B

Location: headquarters of the mobility scooter ankle bashing training centre

Return to Suggestions