A Debate Room?

Put your suggestions and ideas for improving the forum here.

A Debate Room?

Postby toolip2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:23 pm

I note we have a Politics and News room on here and wondered if anyone likes a good debate other than politics. I do and manage not to upset anyone with my opinions and beliefs. they do work on other forums but at times they get over heated and have to have topics locked! :roll: :groaner: :roll: :tantrum2:

Does anyone fancy a debate room? Thing s like "Do you believe in an afterlife, that sort of thing. or Evolution or a Creator. Not to worry if not as I do already belong to great debating forum and it has only about six members.

Just a thought. :rolleye11: :hide:
toolip2

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Personally I find debate rooms extremely divisive and on the sites I visit that have one I find it prudent to stay out of them.

This is one of the friendliest forums on the web if not the absolute friendliest, keeping it that way seems to be a good idea to me.

The expression “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” comes to mind. :please:
Victors Mate

Postby toolip2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Victors Mate wrote:Personally I find debate rooms extremely divisive and on the sites I visit that have one I find it prudent to stay out of them.

This is one of the friendliest forums on the web if not the absolute friendliest, keeping it that way seems to be a good idea to me.

The expression “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” comes to mind. :please:

No probs! Yes, debate rooms can be tiring too and as the caption states. "A Cool and Shady Haven" It is a pleasant site so let it be. :peace:
toolip2

Postby Oddquine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:36 am

The Politics and News forum was intended for discussions/debates which might possibly get heated.....it was maybe a mistake to call it such a specific name, but it was thought that the politics part at the least would let folk know not to go in if they didn't like arguments.

It should have been Politics, Religion and Football!

:mrgreen:
Oddquine
Queen Bee

Postby Arfaitis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:48 am

I use Age-Net forum which is really nothing but debates and discussions on controversial subjects. I find it is interesting, sometimes there is an argument or two but you have to remember it is only a forum and it really doesn't matter if someone kicks off you just learn not to read their posts. There is nothing wrong with a good debate. That's why I go on other forums for some light entertainment with nice people like the Rowan Tree. I am a member of a couple of health forums and photographic forums. I am a forumolic I think.

Arfa
If I am wrong and there is nothing, then it will not matter....if there is 'something' then I am not afraid.

West Yorkshire
Arfaitis

Postby Rowan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 pm

We could easily have a debate room - if enough folk want it - I like a good going debate myself.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:08 pm

I feel that VM has a valid point and of course I respect this. I do belong to one debate forum but we seem to have run out of things to discuss and a couple of membersw left leaving only a couple of us to chew fat. :roll: The other one I belong to got overheated :tantrum2: on the rooms for debate but it has calmed down now but I never go there now. :sad:

So maybe we should leave this as it is for the sake of peace and quiet as not everone likes to put their :hide: As politics and news are on here theres enough going on that enough to pee one off to keep going in there! :tantrum2: :roll: :oops:
toolip2

Postby Anya » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:29 am

Why not change The Politics and News forum to - The Debating Room - ?

This is a very friendly place, as everyone said and it is quite possible to have a good and serious discussion, without giving offence :sunglasses:
Anya

Postby Rowan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 am

Sounds good to me!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions