Sir/Lord Alan Sugar

Where to start a debate on items in the News or Poliitcal Debate

Sir/Lord Alan Sugar

Postby toolip2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 pm

What about this then? Talk about jobs for the boys! Actually I do not dislike this mega tycoon. His in yer face talk strikes a cord with me.

He keeps St Ormond Street hospital from closure I believe. He donates sums money to this worthy hospital and at least he stays in this country and not bugger off abroad to live permanently like Sir Tom Jones did/does! :tantrum2: Plus the fact he is a family man who appears to be loyal to his wife and kids.
toolip2

Postby mazzy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:43 am

Plus he comes from the same part of Lonon as me.....
mazzy

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 am

No, despite their philanthropy, I dislike both Tom Jones and Alan Sugar. I can never bring myself to view The Apprentice and see far too many trailers of it. His pointing finger when he says 'You're Fired' makes me shudder.

Tom Jones, actually I think I don't mind him quite so much now that he has let his hair look naturally old like ours! It was ridiculous with that dyed-dark line at the front. His voice is OK, it was his image that annoyed me. Was never keen on Engelbert Humperdink either!

Viv
vannin

Postby Rowan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Agree with everything you've said Viv - about all of them! I can't abide Alan Sugar and don't see how he can serve in a government.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm

mazzy wrote:Plus he comes from the same part of Lonon as me.....

Beffnall Green? :mrgreen: My rellies all come from east London. :mrgreen:
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Alan Sugar made cheapo-jacko hi fi back in the 70's and made it affordable to the populace as did Sir Freddie Laker with air travel but look what happenned to him! :huffin:
toolip2

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Alan Sugar's Amstrad computers. The firm that made me redundant was full of broken-down nasty old Amstrads. My first reason for finding fault with him. (Who needs logic??) :hide:

Viv
vannin

Postby toolip2 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am

vannin wrote:Alan Sugar's Amstrad computers. The firm that made me redundant was full of broken-down nasty old Amstrads. My first reason for finding fault with him. (Who needs logic??) :hide:

Viv

He had a factory in Shoebury Ness in Essex years ago and my husband inspected it for fire precautions and he said the steros and hi fi was cheap and badly made. but people snapped them up and he made a fortune.

He is barrow boy who made good not that I have anything against East End barrow boys in general. :hide: Ever looked at his eyes? They are liken to big dark brown stones or marbles and are cold and souless IMO. :magnify: However, he amuses me and I admire him for what he has achieved on this planet in the way of riches. from afar, I hasten to add!! Not how he has done it, mind!! :magnify: :huffin:
toolip2

Return to Politics and News