Re: Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Postby vannin » Sun May 02, 2021 10:41 pm

This weekend is endless.....My grocery delivery is due as usual tomorrow, surprisingly, because other bank holidays they don't deliver.
It actually didn't rain today when it was expected, so no doubt it will tomorrow when 'car lodger' has said he will come to do the mowing.
Not much done on the chores front. Washing, a bit of vacuum, thought about watering the garden, which often triggers rain next day, so I left it. Quite worried about Jane who was my gardener, I am still in the dark as to what her illness is, but put off phoning - must do it tomorrow.
Dita, love to both of you from Trixie and me.xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Re: Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon May 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Hope your grocery order has been delivered Vannin, I am wondering if your grass got cut too, if your weather is the same as ours it will a "No No". Do hope you will hear from your lady gardener, ????? I do hope she is ok .
Not much else to chat about today, hope you and Trixie are both having a pleasant BH Monday. love and hugs from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 pm

dita wrote:Hope your grocery order has been delivered Vannin, I am wondering if your grass got cut too, if your weather is the same as ours it will a "No No". Do hope you will hear from your lady gardener, ????? I do hope she is ok .
Not much else to chat about today, hope you and Trixie are both having a pleasant BH Monday. love and hugs from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs:

Hi Dita, Grocery order safely arrived ahead of time, delivered by a girl. Weather turned nasty again so it was a no no for the grass. But Ross came to discuss it so we were chatting in the porch for forty minutes. He never stops talking and we thought it was little old ladies who are typecast chatting at the door. I listen because what he says is interesting, but it was cold out there and my hands were like blocks of ice. 8) :hi:

I phoned Jane the gardener and think she was glad of the chat. She is awaiting test results and appropriate medication, is taking pain relief up to now. She was told it is probably Polyarthritis, which means five or more painful joints, very swollen, discoloured and with fever. She is missing work but knows she must rest.
My hair has been shoulder length for a while but if I ring a hairdresser whose number I was given, he can give me a home-visit apptmt. I have spoken to him in the past and he is very pleasantly 'ducky' and has a good reputation for trims. :D
Trixie is spending her Bank Holiday sleeping! She and I send love and hugs to you and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue May 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Hi Vannin, ( and maybe anyone else who is interested) your temporary gardener Ross sounds an interesting guy to have a chat with, despite the weather turning you into an iceberg. you know what they say------Its good to talk! :roflmao: but they fail to mention its not so good when you are shivering :roflmao: A mum and daughter who live opposite me have a lady visit every few weeks or so, I cheekily shouted and asked her if she was a hairdresser the other day, now I have had my hair trimmed the first time since my hubby died and it feels so much better now.
Hope all oka with yourself and Trixie, Vannin, staying inside and keeping warm is the order for me this afternoon. Love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me x x :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue May 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Today's vile weather has nipped-in-the-bud Ross's good intentions. When we had our brief Spring, he was tied up with work, helping his Dad as plumber's mate. Plumbing is one of his qualifications, the others are Fitness Science and Sport Therapy. Since we lost our Spring, the rain and gales are not suitable for cutting grass! :huffin: As for the Kevin, I start to wonder if he exists.
Up to last year Ross was working in a gym, but when the gyms closed, there was a better chance of work with his Dad, because tradespeople did not have to stay idle for very long. They were allowed into homes if keeping the facemasks and distancing. Since a week ago the gyms re-opened, but his contact with his gym now is for daily workout .....leaving home 5.30 a.m. returning 7.30 a.m.!!!
He has not played his beloved rugby for a year (contact sport a No No) but a few yrs ago, he spent 10 months in N.Z. playing rugby. :clicker:
Today, I sent a complaint to AgeUK Customer Services for ignoring my messages, and had a lovely reply.
Am scouring online for help. I agree about staying indoors keeping warm :trink:
Love and hugs to you both from Trixie and me. xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 pm

I seem to be late doing everything today, despite the fact I was up at 6am. Been faffing about and finishing up doing nothing I intended to. :mrgreen: Ross sounds a really interesting to talk to guy, I am in touch with an old school friend whose parents moved to NZ in the 50's, also another English guy who lives over there too along with his wife and family. NZ is a lovely country--------think I will emigrate :) . :grouphug:
My home is a terrible muddle Vannin, think I desperately need some help there.??? :please:
Hugs and love to you both from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed May 05, 2021 7:10 pm

Luck came with the sunshine this morning and as there are not many such opportunities and Ross was free for the morning, he arrived with the lawnmower at 10 and finished by 11. Almost six weeks of grass growth which was getting me down. Then the weather started turning nasty again, so thank goodness for timing!!
Like you Dita, I planned to 'do things' but relaxed for a while. :trink: (Like most days!) :rolleye11:
Before going, he told me he is saving hard to buy a house but local prices are always rocketing. I would inform him you need a helping hand Dita, but distance means his girlfriend would miss him too much. :roll:
Well done getting up at six! My best achievement of 7 a.m.is necessary on the days of eye injections, as the transport people tell us to be ready an hour before, so it means I am hanging about for that hour. :huffin:
Love and hugs to you both from Trixie and me. xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu May 06, 2021 6:47 am

Amazing how we come to lean on the internet! We've just been offline for nearly 30 hours. Somebody away in Hawkes Bay dug up the fibre line and put half the North Island out of action! We went out for coffee group and were lucky that the place had a memory system that could take EFTPOS up to a memory limit so we all got our tea and coffee. Hardly anybody has cash now and one of the ladies had a cheque (remember them? ) which must be deposited by tomorrow which is the deadline for cheques. How times change!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby dita » Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.. Vannin so pleased your grass was cut, sorry its too far for him to come and have a go at mine, I shall certainly be getting in touch with Kevin again because it has helped me to find the ball in the long grass. Getting up at 7am is sometimes quite late for me, I am lucky if I manage 5hrs most nights. :doh:
Ciderman I still use my cheque book, I feel Really past it now????? maybe something to do with the fact that we have no shops, only a postbox and no busses. I would be lost without my cheque book.
Having to hang around a full hour is very boring Vannin, still if thats what is expected there is nothing you can do. Love and Hugs to yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me :bighugs: :bighugs: xxxx :bighugs: for you Ciderman x
dita

Postby Penny » Thu May 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Like you Dita, rarely use cash. Mainly on-line or by cheque. Had delivery from Sainsbury's this morning. Daughter arrived same time and helped stow goods. Made me smile, ticked me off for drinking Cider beer and yet gave me a bottle of wine for Saturday. I hope everyone is ok. and enjoying this lovely sunshine. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu May 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Hello ladies and Ciderman. Wonders will never cease, Age UK rang today and asked if Kevin phoned. I said no, and I had been waiting for a fortnight. The woman said she had tracked him down and he had been busy because his dog had puppies, but will call today or tomorrow. I won't hold my breath. They must guess I am an animal lover so would be won-over by the excuse about puppies. :thinking:

There was a time I might have gushed about how wonderful and sweet etc etc. But one becomes less soft after a few years having to wise-up and NOT believe every word I am told. :huffin: :thumbdown:
I would have done a swift town trip this morning but the downpour came just as I was ready to go, and it remained changeable.
I marvel at how we just don't carry cash now and how much I make card payments on infrequent shopping.
I hope everyone is well. Dita, I hope this week is better than last week for you. Trixie and I send love and hugs to you both xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri May 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Morning all, lovely weather so far. Any news of Maywalk and poohdog?. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri May 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Oh! Vannin fancy being let down because of Kevin looking after his pups?? I guess I can appreciate the seriousness about what was said---because I am an avid animal lover and would be probably in the same frame of mind as Kevin but--------it has still amused me and quite honestly :roflmao: I cannot tell you why. Must give my gardener Kevin a ring. :sunglasses: Hope the weather stayed kind to you today if you have risked a trip to town.
Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie, :bighugs: :bighugs: from Dolly and me xxxx

Not heard anything about Maisie or Poodog since they were here. Penny :dunno:
dita

Postby Penny » Fri May 07, 2021 4:30 pm

Thanks Dita. Though Poohdog had got his problem fixed and he was going post. Just been down for an hour sitting by the canal, quite a change. Lots of barges but not much movement, Was surprised at the number of cars parked. Anyway, helped brighten the day up. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri May 07, 2021 10:31 pm

As expected, and posted here, Kevin obviously has put himself out of the picture. However, a man round-the-corner emailed me to offer the services of his son who is the groundsman at Wycombe Wanderers!! I think Ross can't always have spare intervals from his work, while none of us know if my permanent gardener will be able to return. It seems the groundsman has helped out on a lot of lawns while not working at the footy club. 'It's raining men Alleluia' to quote the song. :rolleye11:

Weatherwise it was lovely out today. Even the drab town looked 'lifted' partly because more stalls have returned for market day which was diminished for a while. I didn't buy anything, only went to the bank.
Surely market traders are taking cash; not faffing with card machines (I didn't think of watching) :sherlock:

Love and hugs Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me xxxxx :bighugs: :bighugs: Take care everyone :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes